Jasper Hotel
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$109
$86
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$183
$166
  • Breakfast included
Melbourne Marriott Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$150
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$154
$244
$204
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$121
$101
  • Fitness center
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$161
$98
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$93
$86
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$237
$159
$191
$183
Priceline
1,163 results
All reviewselizabeth streetvictoria marketgreat locationtram stopmelbourne centralfree tram zonefree wifiboutique hotelbreakfast was includedinner citystayed for nightswould stay againpublic transportfoxtelconferencetoiletriesminibar
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip last June and I was rather disappointed. The rooms were stuffy, the air con barely worked and the lighting is terrible. My hairdryer broke so I phoned the reception desk and requested a new one, to which they informed me they would bring one up immediately (as I had a conference to attend in their hotel) I waited, however it did not arrive. The reception was lovely however

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank melfamilia
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed at the Jasper Hotel great position for trams and station. Easy access to Victoria markets shops cafes close by. Room clean make sure you ask for a back room as the noise from street can be loud.

Room Tip: Rooms at back quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Nice hotel, great location next to Victoria Markets. Nice rooms, very clean and tidy. Bathroom OK but could do with a bit more pressure in the shower.

Breakfast good and large portions.

Service was friendly and efficient

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the lift shafts. This avoids the road noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just stayed at the Jasper for 6 nights in the two bedroom executive room. The hotel is cool in a modern, understated kind of way. The room was clean and a good size. We were travelling with my Mum to attend my cousins wedding. Mum hasn’t travelled much by herself so wanted somewhere we could keep an eye on her ☺ The second room is internal, but has light through the funky coloured glass internal louver window. The room is set up with two single beds and was big enough for mum and her big bag. The room only has one bathroom however…..so bring the air freshener ☺ I think it would work well if you were travelling with kids.

The hotel’s staff are efficient, friendly and happy to give public transport advice. The location is good as well. Just next to the Victoria Markets and plenty of trams if you don’t want to make the 10 minute walk to the Bourke Street Mall. We went to the Suzuki night markets on Wednesday night and although VERY crowded, the food and vibe was incredible and can’t be recommended enough.

Only a couple of minor annoyances. TV reception in the rooms is a bit dodgy (particularly vexing due to my addiction to watching the tennis whenever possible) and the downstairs café. On the whole the café is a bit sterile but good for coffee and basic breakfast. One of the overly efficient male staff on the cash register needs to chill a bit however and when I saw he was working I kept walking to Macca’s next door instead for my morning coffee.

I have read that the hotel lacks character, which is a fair comment, but nothing some more plants downstairs and artwork couldn’t fix. I would suggest gathering a gang of Melbourne’s street artists and providing them with some canvases and slabs of beer ☺. Urban art would fit in perfect with the neutral, modern rooms and bright coloured halls.

These are minor issues however when considering the reasonable price of our stay and all the positives that this hotel offers. On the whole, we all really enjoyed our stay at The Jasper, would stay again and recommend it to our friends.

We travelled in Jan 2013 as a couple plus one (mother).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shaun m
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed in the hotel on New Year's Eve. On arrival we were greeted by pleasant receptionists. The room was bright, well decorated, and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was nice and clean too. We really liked the location, just a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street, and didn't have any trouble with noise.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends