Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$88
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$174
$118
$112
Doubletree
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$91
$167
  • Pool
$189
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$76
$71
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$161
Pan Pacific
  • Room Service
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$112
  • Fitness center
1,180 results
All reviewselizabeth streetvictoria marketgreat locationtram stopmelbourne centralfree tram zoneboutique hotelfree wifibreakfast was includedstayed for nightsthe heart of the citywould stay againpublic transportfoxtelconferenceminibareateries
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is clean and modern. The staff are fairly friendly. The hotel's position is perfect...right near Queen Vic markets, close to car hire places, and a short walk to Little Bourke st for Chinatown. There is a tram stop nearby to take to down to Flinders Street. Also near Lonsdale street for Greek food. If you head north from the hotel you will get to Lygon street although we have yet to do that. Next time for sure.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights - going to the tennis & a show.
Our greeting at check in left a lot to be desired - told check-in was 2pm and we would have to come back - we knew this from our booking and only wanted to leave our luggage.. (Maybe she was having a bad day).
The room was OK but the noise was horrendous - no sleep and it went on all night. Maybe double glazing could be considered?? Our room had a clunking/grating type sound and the front desk had it checked and said there was no problem. The noise went on all evening/night about every 30 - 45 minutes. If the workman had stayed in the room for a while he may have been able to identify where the noise was coming from. 2 nights of no sleep makes for a lousy stay!
Best thing about the Jasper - the location. Tram out the front, Vic Markets next block and several convenience stores & cafes.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ruth P
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Reception staff need to learn a few hospitality skills! Greeting your guests with a smile is kinda industry standard. Breakfast was ridiculous. Staff couldn't decide if it was included in my booking, which it was according to the email I received on booking and checking with aforementioned reception staff on check in. When the breakfast was served, I was reminded of university college food...rubbery poached eggs, hash browns out of a packet, and tasteless bacon. Not staying there again and definitely not recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank GordonThe
Regan S, General Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Gordon,

Thanks for your review and I am glad I had the opportunity to respond to your email sent to me directly.

Please feel free to contact me again if you would like to discuss anything further and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jasper.

Kind Regards
Regan

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I love the decor at the Jasper, very funky. It is great to stay somewhere that isn't like every other motel.
It had a pleasing amount of tea, coffee, hot chocolate in the room.
I had breakfast included and ate Jasper kitchen. Was great watching the world go by. Go the omelette, fantastic.
Whilst I can't blame street noises on the hotel, I was woken up by some sauced up lads either singing their national anthem or the them of their favorite tv quiz show. I thought they were in my room, it was that loud. The rest of the motel patrons, I didn't hear during my stay.
Big pluses are you are right on the doors of the Vic markets and all that melb has to offer.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank HBAJ
Regan S, General Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear HBAJ,

Thanks so much for your lovely review - so glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us and our coloured walls! The hotel is certainly in a great central location and I agree, the omelette is delicious!

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel when you are next in Melbourne.

Kind Regards,
Regan Shawcross

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I found the Jasper on the internet, we were looking for somewhere in the CBD at an affordable price. I read previous reviews on your site, some were not very complimentary but I am happy to say we did not share their experiences. Check in around 11pm was quick and easy, our room on the top level was excellent (overlooked Elizabeth Street). There was some noise on the first night but we got used to it and slept well. The aircon worked a treat (plus the windows opened), the shower was great and the TV more than adequate. On our first morning, we took advantage of the special offer of $17.00 breakfast at the Jasper Kitchen next door, service was good and the coffee was excellent. There are plenty of cafes within easy walking distance and McDonald's is right next door on the corner. Across the road are the Victoria Markets with heaps of eating places as well. Ideal location. It is two blocks to Latrobe Street to catch the free city circle tram and our walk down to Federation Square in Flinders Street was easy. We did pop over and have a look inside the indoor baths and next time we will take our bathers and have a dip! On checkout we were able to leave our bags so we could go off exploring again (our flight was not until late afternoon). The staff were very courteous and helpful. Family were able to pull up right outside the hotel to pick us up. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 804 was excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H
Regan S, General Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Chris H,

So glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us and in Melbourne and thank you for taking the time to write your review.

All of our guests have complimentary access to the Melbourne City Baths and gym so you will definitely need to bring your gear next visit!

I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind Regards