1,201 results
All reviewselizabeth streetvictoria marketgreat locationtram stopmelbourne centralfree tram zoneboutique hotelbreakfast was includedstayed for nightsthe heart of the citywould stay againpublic transportfoxtelconferenceminibartoiletrieseateries
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Reception staff need to learn a few hospitality skills! Greeting your guests with a smile is kinda industry standard. Breakfast was ridiculous. Staff couldn't decide if it was included in my booking, which it was according to the email I received on booking and checking with aforementioned reception staff on check in. When the breakfast was served, I was reminded of university college food...rubbery poached eggs, hash browns out of a packet, and tasteless bacon. Not staying there again and definitely not recommending it to anyone.

3  Thank GordonThe
Regan S, General Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Gordon,

Thanks for your review and I am glad I had the opportunity to respond to your email sent to me directly.

Please feel free to contact me again if you would like to discuss anything further and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jasper.

Regan

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I love the decor at the Jasper, very funky. It is great to stay somewhere that isn't like every other motel.
It had a pleasing amount of tea, coffee, hot chocolate in the room.
I had breakfast included and ate Jasper kitchen. Was great watching the world go by. Go the omelette, fantastic.
Whilst I can't blame street noises on the hotel, I was woken up by some sauced up lads either singing their national anthem or the them of their favorite tv quiz show. I thought they were in my room, it was that loud. The rest of the motel patrons, I didn't hear during my stay.
Big pluses are you are right on the doors of the Vic markets and all that melb has to offer.

1  Thank HBAJ
Regan S, General Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear HBAJ,

Thanks so much for your lovely review - so glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us and our coloured walls! The hotel is certainly in a great central location and I agree, the omelette is delicious!

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel when you are next in Melbourne.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I found the Jasper on the internet, we were looking for somewhere in the CBD at an affordable price. I read previous reviews on your site, some were not very complimentary but I am happy to say we did not share their experiences. Check in around 11pm was quick and easy, our room on the top level was excellent (overlooked Elizabeth Street). There was some noise on the first night but we got used to it and slept well. The aircon worked a treat (plus the windows opened), the shower was great and the TV more than adequate. On our first morning, we took advantage of the special offer of $17.00 breakfast at the Jasper Kitchen next door, service was good and the coffee was excellent. There are plenty of cafes within easy walking distance and McDonald's is right next door on the corner. Across the road are the Victoria Markets with heaps of eating places as well. Ideal location. It is two blocks to Latrobe Street to catch the free city circle tram and our walk down to Federation Square in Flinders Street was easy. We did pop over and have a look inside the indoor baths and next time we will take our bathers and have a dip! On checkout we were able to leave our bags so we could go off exploring again (our flight was not until late afternoon). The staff were very courteous and helpful. Family were able to pull up right outside the hotel to pick us up. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 804 was excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H
Regan S, General Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Chris H,

So glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us and in Melbourne and thank you for taking the time to write your review.

All of our guests have complimentary access to the Melbourne City Baths and gym so you will definitely need to bring your gear next visit!

I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Jasper is a good hotel; however, it is quite noisy. When I made the booking I knew it might be noisy so I asked for the room to be off the main road, away from the elevator, etc. my requests were not adhered to.

Also, there is no parking at the hotel and you have the choice of spending $20 per day in secured parking or you can park right outside the hotel for free between the hours of 7.30pm-7.30am.

Otherwise the stay was good value. 3.5 out of 5.

1  Thank LeylandBrothers

Dear LeylandBrothers,

Many thanks for taking the time to send in your review and I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your room allocation. Being so central in the CBD there is some street noise at times and we do our best to accomodate all room requests. We also have staff available 24 hours who can assist with any problems throughout your stay.

Unfortunately we do not have onsite carparking at the hotel but the rates offered at CBD Parking on Franklin St are very competitive and it is only a short 5 minute walk to the hotel.

Thank you again and I do hope we can welcome you back to hotel soon.

KInd Regards

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The room was small but newly renovated and very clean. The view overlooked the Queen Vic markets and over the weekend it was great to be able to pop down for some breakky. There was no kitchen, just a tiny bar fridge. Would definitely stay there again purely for the location. A bit out of the hustle and bustle but close to trams and markets- perfect!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Alice,

Thanks for your lovely review! Great to read that you enjoyed your long weekend with us and that you were able to visit the Queen Vic Markets - a must see when in Melbourne.

Glad to hear that you would stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jasper!