1,200 results
All reviewselizabeth streetvictoria marketgreat locationtram stopmelbourne centralfree tram zoneboutique hotelfree wifibreakfast was includedstayed for nightsthe heart of the citywould stay againpublic transportfoxtelconferenceminibartoiletries
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We stayed on the red floor which when you got of the lift the colour just hit you. We loved the location near the market and walking distance to every where.
The tram was across the road if needed and ATM and convenience store with alcohol and Aldi supermarket in the next street. The staff were very helpful and always pleasant. I would stay here again as it is a great price and fantastic location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank debbie c
Regan S, General Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

So great to read you enjoyed your stay with us Debbie and thanks for taking the time to post your review. Glad you liked the Red floor, if you stay with us again ask for the Green Floor - it definitely gives the "brightest" pop out of the elevator!

I have shared your lovely comments with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Melbourne.

Kind Regards
Regan Shawcross

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I had a great 4-night stay at Jasper Hotel recently; first and foremost, I asked for a room overlooking Victoria Market, which I got. The staff were helpful and friendly, the room was very cosy and very clean. Breakfast was GREAT! I definitely could have stayed longer!

A couple of small issues- I arrived very early in the morning and unfortunately had to wait until 2pm to check-in, but that often can't be helped, so that was fine. A very minor detail, the bed was made up quite messy, so that when I tried to pull off the covers to get into bed, all the bedding would come apart/undone.

Also, it can be a bit noisy when there are other guests in the room(s) next-door, but it's not unbearable. But just something to consider, all of you light-sleepers.

This is was my first-ever visit to Melbourne, and to Australia, and I was hugely relieved to find Jasper Hotel to be such a clean pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ArtemisBP

Dear ArtemisBP,

Thank you for your review and the great photo of your omelette - definitely one of my favourites!

I am sorry to hear of the problems you experienced with your bed and I have passed your comments onto our Executive Housekeeper for review.

Thanks again for your comments and hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel.

Kind Regards
Regan Shawcross

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Upon arrival we were accosted in the main foyer by a man that could only be described as a junkie who attempted to give us directions as to the best place to eat. Management appeared to do little to remove him and he was a constant presence throughout the night. We stayed on the 'green' level which was the eighth floor. Room basic, with a very small television and bathroom. Shower was surprisingly good if a little cramped. The hotel is subjected to constant noise throughout the night from the street and adjoining rooms. If you are a light sleeper you may have trouble, there is no double glazing and the walls seem to be very thin.

The hotel is right in the middle of the backpacking district of Melbourne (which we didn't know) so it is the less salubrious part of the CBD. It was close to the eateries of Lygon Street which was handy. There is no parking if you have a vehicle and you will need to park in a council carpark. Breakfast was easily the highlight, wholesome, reasonably priced and very welcome after a jarring nights sleep.

Overall, it was a basic room in the lesser part of town. The staff were very helpful but I doubt I will return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here in July 2012 for a Melbourne weekend getaway with a bunch of our friends. We stayed on the "green" floor and our room had a view over the Victoria Markets which is just across the street.

We stayed 2 nights in our room and I was very comfortable. The room was clean and had plenty of space for our luggage. The bathroom is interesting in that you must remember to close the "windows" when going for a shower or everyone in the room will see you haha. Had a bit of a hilarious shock when we were hanging out in our friends room while we waited for the others in our group to get ready and showered etc...oops!!

The bed was very comfy and the bathroom modern and clean to perfection.

One minor complaint, I didnt see an electrical power point in the bathroom so I had to plug in a hair straightener outside the bathroom and use the mirror on the inside of the cupboard door in the entry hall. No big deal, but fiance couldnt plug his shaver in and shave over the sink.

I liked this hotel, it was across the road from a convience store too, short walk to the heart of the city for shops and wonderful cafes, and close to tram stations. We even walked to Dracula's from the hotel but I dont advice wearing heels or doing this in the rain like we did!!

Great little hotel, id come back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CheekyChops_xoxo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice now, and I thought I would share my finding with you.

First time, my room looked out onto the roof of the building next door, and there were issues with the shower as it leaked across the floor... The room was average size and quality, and the breakfast facilities haphazard but acceptable.

Second time, I got a street view room, and the bathroom issues were not present, so I mark this up to maintenance issues with some of their rooms... The Breakfast facilities were slightly better this time, as they had better service and the seating was slightly better placed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business