Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$87
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$179
Hotel Windsor
$112
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$167
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$91
$189
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$71
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$161
Pan Pacific
  • Room Service
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$112
  • Fitness center
1,179 results
All reviewselizabeth streetvictoria marketgreat locationtram stopmelbourne centralfree tram zoneboutique hotelfree wifibreakfast was includedstayed for nightsthe heart of the citywould stay againpublic transportfoxtelconferenceminibareateries
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Upon arrival we were accosted in the main foyer by a man that could only be described as a junkie who attempted to give us directions as to the best place to eat. Management appeared to do little to remove him and he was a constant presence throughout the night. We stayed on the 'green' level which was the eighth floor. Room basic, with a very small television and bathroom. Shower was surprisingly good if a little cramped. The hotel is subjected to constant noise throughout the night from the street and adjoining rooms. If you are a light sleeper you may have trouble, there is no double glazing and the walls seem to be very thin.

The hotel is right in the middle of the backpacking district of Melbourne (which we didn't know) so it is the less salubrious part of the CBD. It was close to the eateries of Lygon Street which was handy. There is no parking if you have a vehicle and you will need to park in a council carpark. Breakfast was easily the highlight, wholesome, reasonably priced and very welcome after a jarring nights sleep.

Overall, it was a basic room in the lesser part of town. The staff were very helpful but I doubt I will return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here in July 2012 for a Melbourne weekend getaway with a bunch of our friends. We stayed on the "green" floor and our room had a view over the Victoria Markets which is just across the street.

We stayed 2 nights in our room and I was very comfortable. The room was clean and had plenty of space for our luggage. The bathroom is interesting in that you must remember to close the "windows" when going for a shower or everyone in the room will see you haha. Had a bit of a hilarious shock when we were hanging out in our friends room while we waited for the others in our group to get ready and showered etc...oops!!

The bed was very comfy and the bathroom modern and clean to perfection.

One minor complaint, I didnt see an electrical power point in the bathroom so I had to plug in a hair straightener outside the bathroom and use the mirror on the inside of the cupboard door in the entry hall. No big deal, but fiance couldnt plug his shaver in and shave over the sink.

I liked this hotel, it was across the road from a convience store too, short walk to the heart of the city for shops and wonderful cafes, and close to tram stations. We even walked to Dracula's from the hotel but I dont advice wearing heels or doing this in the rain like we did!!

Great little hotel, id come back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CheekyChops_xoxo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice now, and I thought I would share my finding with you.

First time, my room looked out onto the roof of the building next door, and there were issues with the shower as it leaked across the floor... The room was average size and quality, and the breakfast facilities haphazard but acceptable.

Second time, I got a street view room, and the bathroom issues were not present, so I mark this up to maintenance issues with some of their rooms... The Breakfast facilities were slightly better this time, as they had better service and the seating was slightly better placed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael G
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I only stayed one night but thought it was fine. Very clean room, noise wasn't a problem, good amenities in the room. Friendly reception very very close to Victoria Markets. I quite liked how each floor was a different colour.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is in a great location close to Victoria Market and lots of fantastic and cheap Thai/Chinese restaurants. It is also really easy to walk into the centre of town and just around the corner from most main car hire firms.

The staff were really helpful and let us check in around 11.00 which was great after a 16 hour flight! The rooms are spacious and modern and overall this is a really great hotel. However, do take your ear plugs as the traffic and tram noise is very loud if you have a room overlooking the Elizabeth street as we did. The noise pretty much lasts 24 hours a day so if you are a light sleeper then insist on a room on a top floor and around the back or side of Victoria market.

Room Tip: If you are a light seeper then ask for a room overlooking Victoria Market and NOT at the front of the hotel, also ask for a room on a higher floor. The traffic noise is REALLY loud!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple