“Grand”

An Accor traveler
Sydney
Reviewed November 7, 2010

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,032)

A TripAdvisor Member
melbourne
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Our stay in a 2 bedroom apartment with our close friends was great, the service we received was excellant, it was great to see it hadn't deteriated since our last visit.
We did not use the restaurant this time as the menu didn't apeal this time, but we did use another of Accor hotels "Mecure on Spring" where we enjoye an enjoyable dinner.
One complaint we did have was the price of parking $30 per day for our 2 day stay, a bit over the top.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
GrandGM, General Manager at Quest Grand Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for your words of encouragement. Comments like this really do have a great impact on our team's commitment to impressing every guest. It is very much appreciated and valued. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in any way when next you stay.

Reviewed November 3, 2010

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Stayed in what was advertised as a studio king room (I am an Accor member). To my surprise room had no writing desk or chair...had to improvise with ironing board & the outdoor metal balcony chair to undertake report I was to complete (found out later that all rooms are advertised with writing desk??). Mentioned my concern about train noise to staff, who said should be OK if your not a real light sleeper & that trains stopped running after a certain time at night. Gave it go, but was woken by trains in early morning (not the best strart for a big day with bisiness meetings). Only 1 outside balcony chair so my partner had to stand. Got totally lost when I used a lift near my room...was told later by staff that I shouldn't use that lift (thanks but too late). The seperate reception desk idea didn't work for me & others as we qued for attention while dodgeing other people coming & going through the foyer b(if you line up behind the wrong desk you could be there for ages). No complaints about the bed & the breakfast and city location. While I might have been just unlucky, I don't think I could take a chance & stay at this hotel again, & based on my experience would feel uncomfortable recommending to ohers. I took the time to fill out the in-house survey, & actually ran out of space when writing my comments (never a good sign)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
GrandGM, General Manager at Quest Grand Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

Dear Past Guest
Thank you for your feedback. We consider it an invaluable tool in helping us to continually improve on the level of service and facilities that we provide.
I am personally extremely disappointed that this element of your stay did not meet our typically high standards. Please do let me know if I can be of assistance in any way when arranging your next stay.
Warm regards

Reviewed October 6, 2010

The first room I was given I discovered was already occupied when I got to it. The second room had windows above head height so I couldn't even look out of them. I was then given a slightly larger room. It may be a question of taste but I found the decorations very dull and the rooms, though reasonably large, depressing. They very much reminded me of student bedsit accommodation back in the sixties, with furniture to match.

The hotel exterior looks very grand but it is in fact converted railway administration offices and is quite soulless inside.

The staff were helpful and pleasant but to my mind this did not make up for the other short comings.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear Past Guest

Many thanks for your thoughtful feedback – it is much appreciated by myself and our staff, and I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to them personally. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in any way when you next say.

Paul McConville.

Reviewed October 3, 2010

We stayed in one of the two bedroom loft rooms. Space in the second bedroom was a bit tight, though adequate. No problem with space anywhere else in the entire hotel complex. Old Victorian Govt Rail HQ and everything is on a grand scale. Good location with trams adjacent and Geoff's Shed and the casino an easy walk. Lived on the street for our trip, so didn't try the bars, restaurants etc in the motel. Liked the sit down at a desk reservation. They handled that our party arrived in 2 cars about 5 hrs apart with aplomb. Not cheap but worth it for the experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Fwombats
GrandGM, General Manager at Quest Grand Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

Dear Past Guest,

Reviewed September 16, 2010

I have just stayed at your hotel and thought your beds are the most comfortable hotel bed I have every slept in. I also found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
GrandGM, General Manager at Quest Grand Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2010

Dear Past Guest.

Thank you for your generous comments, our beds are available for sale at very reasonable prices. If you are interested in purchasing a hotel bed, please call hotel reception and one of our guest service agents will be available to assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hotel, when next in Melbourne.

Regards.