Georgian Court Bed & Breakfast Guest House
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$133
$127
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$145
$116
  • Restaurant
Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$126
$104
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$96
$73
  • Free Internet
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$168
$97
  • Restaurant
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$101
$95
  • Room Service
$239
$189
$190
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$129
$108
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
All reviewsyogurttea and coffee facilitiesbudget accommodationa queen size bedquiet streetbreakfast was excellentfree internetclose to public transportthe location is perfectheaps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Staying at Georgian Court is not like a "box of chocolates" more like a patchwork of lighty and dark colours- good and bad experiences.

On the first day I arrived it was about 9.45am and I sat down for a relaxing cup of coffee with my sisters who had stayed overnight. At 9.50am a very officious woman stomped over to our table and with the prickliness of an echidna said "don't you know that breakfast finishes at 9.30 and it's now 10 to 10!!!!!

At this my sister rightly said "Do you want us to leave now" Echidna or as we nicknamed her "dragon lady" said "I'm just letting you know for future reference" but the damage was already done and we felt like chastised school children who had broken rule number#1...............oh no we thought is this grounds for instant expulsion!

Thankfully the other staff members we encountered were not related to dragon lady and appeared to be from a more friendly species.

It's a beautiful building, attention to detail in the furnishings and a lovely healthy breakfast makes it worthwhile to stay here. As long as you can put up with being chastised if you break the rules!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My entire four day stay at the Georgian Court was just perfect. The proprietors are wonderful people and went out of their way to give me advice about sites and restaurants, and to help me make phone calls to the U.S. The accommodations were clean and comfy, and the brand new spacious bathroom was especially nice. The daily included breakfast was bountiful, healthy, and delicious.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I found that the young lady that helped me book my stay and show booking was most helpfull "thank you Roxanne".
But to my disapointment on staying in a room that we had no strorage for 2 suit cases and then a train line right behind our room, sleep did not come till after 2.30am. In the morning after finding we were on a major construction site I was then woken at 6.30am with loud sounds of saw's and other heavey machinary as our room was rite on this construction site.I was then charged half price for not wanting to stay another night due to the fact of NOISE and and an uncomfortable bed. I was offered another room but why in the first place would you put guests on a construction site in the first place. The owner said to me "What do you expect your in the city" There site says "Georgian Court (B&B) provides a great place to stay in the quiet and beautifully tree-lined George Street in historic East Melbourne.

Contrast this to typical Motel/Hotel Inn accommodation within the noisy and heavy atmosphere of Melbourne CBD - and your choice may seem obvious...

I find it quite sad to think that I would be treated in this way by them and still to be charged.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank OMG61
Reviewed April 9, 2009

The owners who also work there and all the staff are warm, friendly accommodating and very helpful. The rooms are well presented, cleaned daily and have complimentary tea/coffee & buscuits at all times. The beds are ample comfortouble even for my 6'9" frame. Breakfasts are continental, of which there is more than enough for anyone to eat should they wish. Many kinds of tea and coffee, and buscuits are available in the dining room during the day also. Although a business the atmosphere is very much family run, and are hands on daily. Nothing was too much trouble even accommodating my cycle and storage of my cycle carrier box.
A truly great experience, and I would make this my first point of preference should I visit Melbourne again.

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank red968
Reviewed March 21, 2009

The Georgian Court continues to retain its particular charm in a leafy part of East Melbourne. The rooms are clean, comfortable and functional with efficient room service. Off street parking is available and location is convenient being only minutes away from trams into the city with the CBD a pleasant 15/20 minute walk through Fitzroy Gardens.
What really makes Georgian Court is the very friendly and helpful attitude from all the staff which creates an atmosphere where the guests are made to feel so welcome. As a result the excellent breakfast spread is even more enjoyable as guests engage in conversation, so often lacking in many larger and impersonal establishments.
All in all the Georgian Court represents very good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business