“amazing”

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #1 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed July 1, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Crown Towers Melbourne for a week in a beautiful suite on the 8th floor with access to the Crystal Room the seperate check in area is great and we were treated like VIP's. The suite was breathtaking we had a view over to St Kilda Beach and Port Phillip Bay. The lounge was a modern the auto blinds and drapes were novel. The bedroom was huge bigger than the lounge room and the bathroom was enourmous with a spa bath with views to the bay. Our wardrobe was the size of a small bedroom .I was surprised that they had no dining area as the suite was so big. We had our own butler he was nice and respectful and helpful. I think we paid about $1000 per night but it was well worth the money. The breakfast in the Crystal room was the same every morning which was a bit disappointing after a week your sort of over the hard bacon and eggs but the view is wonderful. They also have private saloons on this level where you could dine in private or have a meeting there is also a small library of books and when i used this area they made me cappuchinos and brought me biscuits. The private entrance was nice. The bar was well stocked the food was OK but we've had better and worse. The room had fresh flowers beautiful books lovely linen large plasma screen & stereo. I went to the spa and had a few treatments and I loved this area the staff were freindly and the treatment room was floor to ceiling marble just amazing. The hairdressers was also good they did a great job and they don't overbook so you have your hairdresser the whole time (no sharing) I didn't use the pool but it looked beautiful and extremely large. There is a seperate lift from the pool area for the private suites. I would recommend this hotel and we will be going back next year.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank goldcoastergirl
There are newer reviews for Crown Towers Melbourne

Reviewed June 15, 2007

I am a Melbourne local and decided to check out what is supposed to be our top hotel - Crown Towers. I have travelled through Europe and USA and have seen some good hotels. Crown Towers is a hotel which makes a city proud. With only one gripe, that is the cold room service meals, I would rate this establishment as beyond excellent. I stayed in a standard room with a Yarra River view, (even though a Bay view was requested - no problem). The room was meticulous. I tried to find fault, but could not. The bed was luscious and lovely to look at, lots of color coordinated pillows. Chocolates arrived a few hours later with the turn down service. The 42" plasma was wonderful, though the channels could only be changed by pressing the - button, so one had to go through all of the endless channels to get back to the choice. The channels are numerous, about 40 or so, including Asian and sporting channels. No complaint there. The spa bath was lovely, the mirrors many. The room had a walk in closet. The windows were spotlessly clean to enjoy the view. Even the newspaper arrived in a cloth bag! I requested ice twice, (annoyingly no ice machine on the floors), and each time a massive ice bucket arrived full of ice. It appeared there were other locals checking in to enjoy the hotel. It is important to note that there is no intimidation factor at this hotel.

I ordered 2 hot room service meals, but both arrived lukewarm, fries were actually COLD. However, the meals were still enjoyable. I did not want to risk paying $20 for cold eggs in the morning so I didn't bother. Crown Towers, this should not be happening. All staff were friendly and housekeeping are the best in the world if my room if anything to go by. Yes, the hotel is pricey, but boy, you will not leave there regretting your splurge.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank Kramax
Reviewed June 11, 2007

This place oozes class. No faults here. Classy place. Just pretty expensive.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrdigby
Reviewed May 26, 2007

I recently stayed at Crown Towers Hotel in Melbourne for my 1st Wedding Anniversary and I was in absolute awe of the hotel. The room was enormous (It was a standard Deluxe King Room) and had a brand new plasma TV- the biggest TV I had ever seen. The view was just as impressive, we were facing towards the Melbourne Aquarium and had a perfect view towards where the fire shoots every hour.

What can I say about the swimming pool...it is absolutely the most luxurious swimming area I have seen...from the moment we arrived the service has been fantastic, everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming- the customer service is exceptional and staff at the Reception Desk were so wonderful and really made it a special night my myself and my hubby.

I would definitely recommend Crown Towers for those wanting a romantic getaway or just a night out on the town

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mambo_goddess100
Reviewed May 20, 2007

We stayed at Crown Towers to celebrate a birthday and the hotel was fantastic! We live 15 kilometre's from the city but decided to splurge on a hotel for the night and Crown did not let us down. Our room was a cuite on level 20 which had amazing views of the city. The room was spotless, the sofa and bed were very comfortable and the local and activites for the night kept us busy until the early hours of the morning. Everything about the hotel met expectations, clean, tidy and good customer service.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Greg C
Reviewed December 30, 2006

Reviews are consistently good for this hotel and there is a good reason. It is definitely 5 star standard.

We booked a domestic airline holiday package and used our $200 bonus credit to upgrade to a suite and it was worth the splurge. Chocolates and champagne on arrival and floor to ceiling views over South Bank. A huge plasma TV, walk-in wardrobe and sumptuous bathroom added to the overall luxury.

It is pricey, but in this case you do get what you pay for. The hotel and the Casino complex is classy. Ordinarily, for a hotel of this class, one would normally expect the hotel entrance doors to always be opened for patrons as they enter (especially with luggage), but this is the only fault during our stay and is perhaps a bit picky.

Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2006
6  Thank Micwa
Reviewed December 29, 2006

We stayed at the Crown Promenade last year and were impressed by the hotel. So this year we gave the Crown Towers a try. Other than the impeccable location by the river at the South Bank overlooking downtown Melbourne, the hardware of the hotel is immacculate.

The room is spacious with two queen beds as the twin room.
A separate closet area. Floor to ceiling window offers us a nice view of the nightly flame show by the Yarra River. A flat screen LCD TV is a plus.

The Bath room is nicely appointed with separate shower, and toilet area. The jaccuci tub is a plus. Spacious counter top area and shelves by the wash basin.

The service at the check-in counter is very efficient and courteous, unlike some sother casino hotel with poker face snorbish staff. A very personal warm welcome chocolate box impressed me.

The housekeeping staff are immaculate detailed. I moved the tissue box from the bathroom to the writing desk in the morning. After the evening turndown service, the housekeeping staff put an additional tissue box on the writing desk and by the bed.
Wow, that's 5-star hospitality.

The Crown Complex offer a good variety of restaurants, shopping, foodcourt for the budget diners and seasonal surprise at the lobby area, a laser Christmas light show is conducted every 30 mins. Last trip we enjoyed a good Easter show.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple