“Top quality hotel”

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #3 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed here for one night recently. Couldn't fault the very comfortable king room I was provided with. Room felt spacious, good size bathroom including large bath, separate shower. While the foyer is impressive, it seemed understaffed by reception staff both when I checked in at 11am and checked out just before 7am. Getting a taxi in the driveway was DIY - not really a problem, just surprising for a hotel that targets a 5 star customer experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Riddoch88
Write a ReviewReviews (2,477)

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I am so qualified to write a review about Crown Towers Melbourne since my husband and I have stayed there over ten times-our room of choice is always the Premier Club Suite which allows us access to the Crystal Club. Our experience begins the moment we enter the oh-so-grand foyer and then you are instantly enveloped in Crown's signature scent which smells absolutely divine-I wish they could bottle that fragrance!
We feel and are treated like royalty every stay, it's amazing how consistently attentive and friendly the staff are. There is something for everyone at Crown, beautiful rooms, world class restaurants, countless bars and of course that casino!! You actually do not have to leave the Crown complex to have a memorable stay in Melbourne, The Crown Spa is total luxury as is the shopping! I will finish with one more suggestion; if you are not a Crown Signature Club holder then you should be-the benefits are enormous! Stay at Crown Towers-you will not regret it!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Anna S
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had a great stay for our anniversary and we had a level 26 studio room overlooking the bay. Wonderful room and service. It's a shame though that breakfast wasn't of the same standard as the room - if this was bettered then it would be a perfect stay!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Ackal
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed at Crown for a romantic weekend away, the room was quite opulent ,but our views from the room where spectacular. Crown Towers lives up to its reputation, the service of the staff was outstanding. Being in the casino complex it was easy to access all the facilities it has on offer. Not the cheapest 5 star hotel but well worth the money for a special occasion

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pmac3911
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed mid week on a Experience package and were not disappointed. The packaged included a deluxe king room, buffet breakfast, valet parking and a bottle of sparkling wine. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and very clean. We do wish we were on a higher floor so we could see further. The service in the Waiting Room and Conservatory are second to none and the buffet breakfast is to die for. We were certainly be back to stay again.

Room Tip: A higher floor will give you a great view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shelton151
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I've stayed at the Crown Towers ( should be tower as there is only one) many times. Usually I arrive after dark. This time I arrived at around noon and was told IF I WANT TO CHECK IN NOW IT WILL BE AN EXTRA $120".
The room was vacant and ready, it was just sitting there idle. At $60/hr that's $1,400 per day.
the guy on the front desk has zero personality or customer skills. Being a regular he should have said" it's normally $120 but seeing your a regular we will wave the cost" . in doing so he would have earned brownie points from me.

Instead they get this review and I will stay elsewhere in future.
Also do I get a refund for all those times I arrived after 2pm?

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank justcruizen
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear justcruizen,

I was very disappointed to read of your experience and apologise for the handling of your arrival and check-in.

Regrettably, it is an error on our part that the guest services agent you spoke to suggested this charge to you at all. In order to rectify the issue, the charge has been refunded to you this morning.

I am grateful that you have brought your experience to our attention. I will ensure the issue is addressed with our broader team through training.

We do hope to have the chance to welcome you to Crown Towers again.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed recently for business purposes and was amazed by the standard of the room I was staying in.

The view was excellent and the fit out of the room made the entire stay enjoyable.

Numerous places to eat in the local area and customer service was top notch.

Looking forward to my next stay in a couple of weeks.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business