2,675 results
All reviews crystal club premier suite spice temple yarra river pure luxury tennis courts walk in wardrobe room service turn down service worth every cent valet parking star hotel bottle of champagne pool and gym buffet breakfast standard room city view
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Be very careful of Crown when you book online. You provide your credit card to cover the room and then they charge another $100 on your credit card when you check in. I left early in the morning to go to a meeting and left my daughter to check out. We had room charges to pay. She handed over the room swipes and her credit card. They didnt tell her the room had already been paid for, even though they knew that, they charged her again. So now we are $447 out of pocket, having paid for the stay twice and they tell us it will take 5 days for the money to be refunded. They should not have charged her in the first place the system already showed we had paid. Sneeky and deceptive or administratively incompetent, I am not sure which.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JoD0273
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear JoD0273,

I was disappointed to read your review after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

As explained to you on the phone yesterday, your credit card details are taken at the point of reservation however the card is not charged at this stage. Your credit card statement will clearly confirm this. When you checked in, you provided this same card and we take a pre authorisation for the room charge and incidentals, as outlined in our terms and conditions when you made the booking (“Upon check in, a cash payment or credit card pre-authorisation is required for accommodation in full (if not prepaid in advance), plus an additional $200 cash and a valid form of photo identification or $100 credit card pre-authorisation per night to guarantee incidental costs”). A pre authorisation is simply a hold of funds to cover your likely expenses, taken as a security for the hotel. This practice is an industry standard for hotels in both Australia and abroad.

As you mention, your daughter checked out with a different credit card so incurred the charges on her card, not yours. Legally, she could not check out and use your card to do so. The banks mandate that we then send through a request to release the hold of funds on the original card, which we did immediately. This takes several days to clear through the banks system.

I agree this delay is a frustrating one for both yourself as the guest, and us as hoteliers.

I trust this explanation is clear to you but invite you to contact us again should you need further clarification.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Ending a 2 week holiday overseas with a couple of nights in Melbourne, so wanted somewhere special. Could not make my mind up between all the other crown accommodation but was not disappointed with my decision. The crown towers is head and shoulders above anywhere else. From the moment you enter that magnificent foyer and stand in amazement at the staircase and water fountains you know you have entered somewhere special. Rooms are spacious, luxurious with wonderful views of the yarra. Bedding is superb and the bathroom is equipped with everything from a chandelier to a tv at the end of the tub. The entire layout of the room is very clever with a walk-in robe and table and chairs to sit and have a drink while admiring the view. Would definitely stay here again if given the opportunity. Is probably a bit extravagant for some but it was wonderful to treat ourselves and was the perfect end to a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: For a little extra we stayed in excutive king room which was on the 25th floor with view of the river. Found the best rates directly with crown website and had there web saver rates. Probably could have hung off booking maybe and found cheaper rates closer to time of travel but didn't want to risk availability.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Was here on business and enjoyed the stay overall. Hotel is reasonably well located is part of a huge Crown complex (although the casino on site isn't my thing, I'm sure others might feel differently) and close to the Melbourne Congress Centre where I needed to be.

Check-in was efficient, rooms were well appointed and of a good size. Breakfast was fine- if you go a bit early, I think you get a wider selection of breads/pastries etc to choose from. I did have a few meals on site - room service menu was not particularly large, but food was fine and brought up in a timely manner... some decent restaurants on site if room service doesn't tickle your fancy.

Pretty good amenities with large, heated pool although I think you'll have to pay for a treatment to use the broader spa facilities. My only real gripe is the internet which was painfully slow - mine was included in the room rate, but I know that this is chargeable for others and I certainly wouldn't pay for these connection speeds. Check-out was also pleasant and efficient so all in all, service was good from start to finish.

All in all, a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: View is nice from the higher floors, so would ask for this if possible...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2013

What a beautiful hotel, luxury all the way. We were very comfortable. We stayed 4 nights, I think free wifi could have been included for the price, $25 was a day was a bit expensive when wifi is available free in many other places around Melbourne.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room overlooking the river on 11th floor, it was fabulous.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had the most amazing stay at this hotel. We only stayed 2 nights but the crown has everything on offer. Beautifully appointed rooms with all the modern luxuries including chandeliers in the powder room and a tv in the bath tub. We were celebrating a special occasion and were gifted with champagne and chocolates on arrival. We also had an amazing view of the whole city and there are a heap of restaurants and bars on site at the casino as well as movie theatre, live entertainment and plenty of shopping. Best spot to stay in the city.

Room Tip: Get the view of southbank.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends