“The best hotel in Australia!”

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #3 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide
“The best hotel in Australia!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the friendly and attentive staff at check in, to the exquisite rooms where nothing has been forgotten, we couldnt fault our entire stay here. From doormen who see you coming a mile away and rush to get the door for you, to them offering to transfer our luggage between their different complexes with no hassle - this is my number 1 hotel in Australia, and I wish I lived in Melbourne so I could travel here more often. It shines over its fellow complexes - metropol and promenade. Pay the extra and stay at Towers

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view - the nightly fire show is breathtaking
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my friends during June, loved it! We were on level 14, it was quiet, good service and very nice! (especially the bathroom hehe). Even if it wasn't complimentary, I'll definitely pay and stay there again! It's THAT worth it =)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank anniex208
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the Crown Towers for three nights in August for my husbands birthday and it was pure luxury. Upon arrival we were asked if we would like to upgrade to an executive suite for an extra $100 per night and we decided to upgrade. The room had a separate lounge room with beautiful views of Southbank and the river, a stunning bathroom with a television over the bath. We had complimentary newspapers delivered to our room each day and also chocolates and ice each afternoon. The bathrobes were the cosiest I've ever worn so much that I wanted to take it home with me. We dined in a few places within th Casino but found we received better service and food at the various restaurants along Southbank. If you are planning on staying at the Towers make sure to take your bathers, the pool is amazing and warm. We enjoyed our stay so much we booked another stay in September.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tassiegir
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is probably the blingiest jazzyest most over the top place I`ve ever stayed in. Part of the Packer empire I gather and boy, he didn`t spare the horses on this one. But the good news is that it works, not just well, but really well. The rooms are large, well appointed and laid out and eveything is maintained to a very high standard. The bathroom and shower work very well and the bathrobes are suitably luxurious. I normally never notice the quality of the bedding but this was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. The hotel is actually part of a massive conference facility and shopping mall with many of the high end labels represented and among them are a number of restaurants and bars catering for every taste and budget. The hotel is situated overlooking the river and has a great view of the CBD just to add the icing on the cake. All in all it was a hugely enjoyable stay and I know I can recommend it because it`s the sort of place you know will mainain its standards.

Room Tip: Don`t worry. There are no bad rooms in this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sjnorris
nyc
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I've spent a lot of time at this hotel, my criticisms are nit picky at best:

*When I arrived via cab I was no assisted with my bags, the porters attended to a more mature looking couple but this could have been an oversight
*SBS1 was streaming on both the SBS1 and SBS2 channel
*Gym is only open until 10pm - a keyswipe system after-hours rather than staff could be implemented easily.

Otherwise it's a great hotel. It's always very busy and at a high capacity, yet their service levels don't suffer. The staff are all very friendly, personal and engaging.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I spent one night at Crown one week ago, mainly due to business in the City. It is a great hotel. I booked with Wotif, not Crown direct as I normally do. ( mainly due to a huge variation in the room rate )

Executive room was great, but I did discover that Friday evenings the nightclub music can reach the 14th floor on the southern side of the hotel. Doof doof at 11.00pm was something I was surprised at and have never experienced before.

The overwhelming comfort of the bed and room consumed me and I slept for 8 hours.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from nightclub noise on Friday/Saturdays
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed September 7, 2013

If you really want to spoil yourself you have to stay here. This was a treat for a milestone birthday & it was a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Undoubtedly the best hotel I have stayed in & certainly a place to stay to be spoilt in every way. Location is great with just a just a couple of minutes walk along the river to an abundance of great cafes, restaurants & bars. Not to mention the numerous bars, restaurants & high class shops actually in the hotel itself. Excellent facilities all at your finger tips. Would jump at the chance to go back to Melbourne for all it has to offer & The Crown for the unforgettable & luxurious experience.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can. The higher the better for views & luxury
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple