New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Crown Towers Melbourne

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #2 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney
“S'wonderful, s'marvelous at Crown Towers Melbourne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Travelling alone is both indulgent and fraught with danger - if the hotel disappoints there's no one to commiserate with! My trip to Crown Towers was the perfect solo get away. Nthing thrills me more than a knockout lobby - and this one's is a superb. Check in was efficient (though Evelyn who did my check out was first rate - fabulous customer service), then the room - thank you, thank you, thank you Crown Towers! It was I think the best room I have ever had (and being slightly older than lava, that's saying something). That bathroom? Hallelujah! A girl's dream has come true - complete with BathTV.
The view of the Yarra was divine, the sunset ...sigh. Too lovely. And the spa? The pool? Those ridiculously over the op label stores in the arcade? Gimme more days like the ones I sent there. This is a hotel that allows people to travel alone (oh the horror of it) and enjoy every minute. I will return... as often as I possibly can (and I promise to let you know about it!).

Room Tip: Try and get that Yarra view - it's sensational.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I recently stayed at Crown Towers in a Suite for my birthday. The suite was very beautiful (I saved for months just so I could take my family there for the weekend) however, the predominant view from our 6th floor lounge was of a derelict carpark under construction! Disappointed is an understatement!!! No lights, no fire, no life! This was a huge expense and indulgence for my family of 5 and I felt that we should have been forwarned that the south facing suites may overlook a horrible carpark...If I had known I would not have taken the risk and saved my $1,700 or chosen somewhere else to stay! It did put a huge downer on our weekend. I will not stay here again unless I can be guaranteed a very high floor way above the derelict carpark construction site (which I know they cannot guarantee me so I will just choose to not stay there again). I truly feel that it was money not well spent! The staff were very pleasant and helpful so I give a big thumbs up to customer service.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms facing away from promenade face a horrible carpark!!! Do not stay here if your apa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JenofOz
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Jenny F,

Thank you for your comments after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

I was delighted to read that you found the suite to be beautiful and were so impressed by the customer service on offer. It is always a pleasure to read comments about the team and this is appreciated and will be shared.

As a city hotel, we are obviously surrounded by buildings and much activity and with that comes a variety of views. I am sorry that the neighbouring apartment development impacted upon your stay on this occasion. This has been ongoing for about 12 months now and fortunately the noisy works are behind us, although these had little impact on Crown Towers. The outer shell has started going on to the structure so the view is improving by the day.

Again, while happy to read you were impressed with the product and the service, I am sorry the view was a disappointment. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you again sometime in the future.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

My hubby surprised me for our 20th wedding anniversary a night at the crown. When we arrived you feel special straight away. The staff were really nice and helpful. The room was lovely and the spa was great, had a perfect view of Fed square and the Aquarium. Buffet breakfast was excellent. This was a great surprise and enjoyed every moment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Took my sister to stay for her birthday. The check in staff were very happy and lovely.
Room lovely but small for the price.
Buffet breakfast was incredible! I would go back just for that and bot to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank antonialivestotravel
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Antonia,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

I was delighted to read that your check in went so well and in particular that you were so impressed by our breakfast buffet.

Our guest rooms start out at 45sqm making them among the largest entry level rooms in the city. The range of rooms is generous and extends right through to the largest guest rooms in the Southern Hemisphere.

We appreciate that you chose to stay at Crown Towers to celebrate your sister’s birthday and look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great view, great location. Room was very clean, and everything was quite even the ac. Minibar did knock on our door on the day of our departure which wasn't very nice in the morning. But overall great stay

• Stayed January 2013
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Best hotel experience to date! I will only stay here in Melbourne from here on in.
Our package also included the Crystal Club. Which was well beyond expectation.
Loved everything about this hotel. No complaints

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Celebrating our 17 year wedding Anniversary we booked a night at Crown Towers... It was Amazinggg!!! We got chocolates and champagne on arrival... We ate dinner at the Conservatory which was delicious and Breakfast at the Conservatory in the morning....I loved receiving a pair of slippers each for my husband and I...
Simply breath taking...and so close to home..LOVED IT!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with City views!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple