“average room”

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #3 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Considering this is supposed to be the upper echelon of Crowns rooms I felt the Studio Room was more in keeping with a standard room at perhaps the Ibis. Yes the ensuite and cloak rooms are well appointed, the bedroom itself was small and the view looking onto the roof of the car park is hardly aesthetically pleasing nor in line with a room charging this much money or professing to be top quality. The web site notes views of the City skyline, we looked at Queens Bridge St, however if you cranked your head around the window you could see some buildings in the city & the river!!
The room was clean & well appointed and the air-conditioning was good.
The bottom line is ... you are made aware of the cost and the rooms location (hence making the booking in the first place), but when this isnt delivered you are left feeling displeased - hence the average rating

Room Tip: request a Bay view room or one close to the river
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

Your comments about the room being clean and well-appointed are appreciated and have been shared with the Housekeeping team.

I am sorry that the view was not as you were expecting. Our Studio Rooms are 48sqm with views of either the City, River or Bay and located on the 8th floor or above, as the website outlines. Should you be visiting again, we’re happy to accommodate specific requests relating to views where possible and I encourage you to discuss this with the reservations team when making your booking.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Crown Towers

Write a ReviewReviews (2,477)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were recently spoilt with a night away at the Crown Towers when a friend purchased the night as a special gift and we were blown away! Specular room & view with so many options for dining & shopping! So gorgeous to watch the sunset & sunrise from our bed, We didn't want to leave the plush room but managed to get out for dinner & breakfast and had such a wonderful time. Staff & room service was friendly & professional - highly recommend it :)

Room Tip: As high up as possible, such a spectacular view watching the sunset & sunrise.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Recently we stayed at this iconic Melbourne hotel to attend a major event and were very impressed. The spacious rooms were extremely well appointed with a 'dream' bathroom, super mini bar and great views over the Yarra River and city. The location is superb both during the day and at night for the casino and all the wonderful eateries along the Southbank strip. Lovely walk in the morning across the bridge walkway to the city to have a scrumptious breakfast at one of the interesting little cafes in the Block Arcade off Flinders Street and afterwards of course some mandatory shopping was in order. Ahh Magic Melbourne!

Room Tip: Splurge and book a suite or ask for a room with a view of the Yarra River.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Hotel reams of class and quality - excellent room size, bathroom was impressive. Very modern and a good alternative to the Langham which I frequent regularly. Crown Towers better than metropole. South Bank I think has peaked a little, time will tell.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stay at the Executive Suite for a night on the 4th April. My first impression of the room is that the size is pretty small with the amount of money paid. Since my birthday is coming up and I am a Crown Signature Club member, I am eligible for a wine or chocolate which I have hinted the staff during check in, then I told the bell boy before leaving and he uses my room's phone to request for one. After an hour, I still didn't get anything and I ring up but they told me that there is no record of it. So they told me they will send one up soon. While setting up my laptop, I discover that their TV is not working as they should and I get them to come and have a look, but they couldn't figure it out and have to get their technician, but over an hour still no sign of anyone coming to fix the issue.
I then went to the gym and swimming pool for about an hour, back to my room and just got into my bath I get a call for a change of room. I was told that I have to move from 9th floor to 5th floor, which I have absolutely no view of anything but the ground and roof, with a slightly smaller size of Executive Suite. By then it is around 5pm and we have already been hanging around for half a day just to deal with that. I went to the reception to see if they are able to let me to have a late check out and she wasn't being friendly and ask me to pay if I wanted a late check out. I then ring up to the manager, which then I only found out the guy who ring me for a room change is the manager and he told me that he wasn't aware of the issue until he tries to get hold of me.

I appreciate the help of the bell boy who has a vietnamese background and he is very friendly, helping me to bring my luggage up to my room, during room change he helped out and when we check out he also came and bring all of our luggage.

Overall, I think a couple of their staff are irresponsible, even the manager on duty do not aware of the issue after I have been waiting for that call for 5 hours, so I would say that I will not go back to Crown Towers. I have been to Crown Metropol for an inspection of their room, although they did not have a room to show me, they are still trying to use images to explain to me, and wishes me an early birthday, which I did not even get when I mention it to the Crown Towers staffs. If I am going to stay with Crown, I would rather spend my money with Crown Metropol which I can get a better service quality.

Room Tip: Try to have a higher floor room so that you can have a good view; and get the Yarra River view as th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ChDamien
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Damien,
Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

I was disappointed to read of your experience and in particular, the missed opportunities we had to acknowledge your birthday celebration. Also for the television/laptop compatibility problem and poor communication within the team that resulted in an excessive delay in resolving your room issues.

As a valued Signature Club member, I encourage you to book through the Signature Club as you are entitled to a reduced rate and the inclusions you had mentioned are then automatically included. Booking through the website and selecting the rate you did does not come with the champagne and chocolates you mentioned. That said, I am sorry again that we were not able to work this out upon arrival for you.

As outlined on our website, the Executive Club Suite is 72sqm in size. Should you be considering a larger room in the future, I’d encourage you to consider our Premier Suites at 99sqm, our Tower Suites at 174sqm or one of the many Villa options we have available, which extend right up to the Chairman’s 990sqm Villa, the largest hotel room in the Southern Hemisphere.

I see from our records that ultimately you did take advantage of a late check out and am glad this was resolved for you.

Again, please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced on your recent stay. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your confidence in Crown Towers.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Crown Towers

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked a King deluxe and were not disappointed. Huge bed, amazing views, a luxurious bathroom with TV over bath, and all in all we couldn't fault it for comfort or excellence. WOuld highly recommend them.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Well done to the staff at this lovely hotel. We enjoyed our stay and will be back again. The location and atmosphere make it a fantastic option for a visit to Melbourne. Extremely comfortable bed, with pillow options and huge bathroom. You won't regret a stay with Crown.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends