“Beautiful”

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #1 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Absolutely stunning. These Villas and rooms are incredible. They are of the highest standard and the customer service is to match. Everything about this hotel is perfect and has been every time we have stayed. I only live about 5km away yet I still find myself going and staying at Crown Towers. Highly recommended

Room Tip: I would go for the corner rooms or the villa.... they are incredible
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LCMelbournecity
There are newer reviews for Crown Towers Melbourne

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

After looking forward to staying in this gorgeous hotel, I was devastated to have fallen ill as soon as we checked in. A 24 hour bug ruined our stay, however I could not have asked for a more comfortable room to be unwell in! Bed was comfy, linen crisp, bathroom clean- the room was flawless. Hotel staff were even kind enough to clean up the bathroom. We will definitely stay again and hopefully enjoy it this time!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel has excellent facilities and is in a great location, with super views from upper floors. Very close to central parts of the city and nicely situated on the banks of the river so it's a pleasant walk to many places.

My room was large and well designed with a lovely bathroom.

Fitness centre and pool were very good - especially pool.

One big disappointment was the breakfast - I stayed three nights and had one from room service, one in the crystal room and one in the main restaurant. All were really poor. Choice was the most limited I have seen in a 5 star hotel and there were no hot plates for the hot

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay with us at Crown Towers.

I was glad to read of your experience overall and that the room and spa were to your liking along with the location being well suited for you, to the city.

Your feedback regarding breakfast is a concern to me as I believe our range of foods is as extensive, if not more so than our competitors. I have shared this with our Director of Food and Beverage and the Executive Chef for further investigation and follow up.

Again, thank you for your comments and the opportunity this affords us for improvement. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Crown Towers

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely stay in a deluxe room on the 6th floor. Bed was huge and very comfortable. Tv in shower was great...listening and watching the music channel whilst showering was a new experience. We had breakfast both mornings at Cervo...delicious and a great view of the river and esplanade was terrific. We had dinner one night at the Conservatory which was amazing and the other night at the Italian Baci ( in the crown complex) which was lovely too.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank canberranean
Reviewed April 7, 2013

A great indulgence for a short intercity break. Spacious room, great view, comfy bed and excellent blockout curtains. Quiet too, only minuses, quality of toiletries a bit average. Crystal club staff, food and bev, although not up with the likes of a Four Seasons, still good. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Think any room would be good, however city view looked straight over Yarra to cbd, v nice
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here for the second time recently for work. The first time I stayed here, it was faultless, and I loved everything about it. This time though, my visit was overshadowed by the fact that my room smelt very strongly of cigarette smoke. And not just the room - the sheets, pillows, and towels all reeked too. I wasn't able to change rooms as they were fully booked. I will stay at the Crown Towers again, however next time I will insist on a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ella1971
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We booked Crown Towers for a long weekend trip to Melbourne and got a great deal booking the King room over 60 days in advance. We requested a high floor due to other Trip Advisor reviews stating that lower floors can be noisy at night. Unfortunately no high floor King Rooms were ready when we arrived to check in, however for $55/night we were able to upgrade to a studio room on the 17th floor. The room was very spacious, well furnished and immaculately presented. The walk in wardrobe had plenty of space to stash our luggage and the main room had lots of comfy sofas & seating for us to make ourselves at home.
The spacious bathroom with twin sinks, individual shower and WC closets and a fantastic tub was in pristine condition and housekeeping kept it that way throughout our stay.
Similarly, the bed was very comfortable with perfectly pressed quality linens. It was made even more appealing by the Lindt chocolates which awaited us after the turndown service each evening. The ipod sound dock is a good home from home touch too.
We were already wowed by the hotel, but the icing on the cake was a complimentary bottle of champagne and Easter chocolates that awaited us in our room on the first day - that pretty much sums up this hotel... lots of nice touches and attention to detail that all add up to a fantastic experience.
Location wise, the hotel is ideally located on Southbank, close to a wide selection of restaurants and trams; although the city is easily walkable from here too.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to avoid noise from the pubs & clubs at night. We were on level 17 and cou...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple