“Great experience and super comfy beds” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Towers

Crown Towers
Ranked #2 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Maroochydore, Australia
“Great experience and super comfy beds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Oh my - the beds here are amazing! Not only is the mattress perfect (for me) but the bedding is exquisite. All the staff we encountered seemed genuinely happy to help, whether it was with directions or recommend where to dine.

The bathroom was lovely, and am happy to say cleaned to a very high standard (something I always look out for).

The view from my room was incredible. I'll definitely be back (provided the client foots the tab again haha)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was a great experience to stay in the best property of Melbourne on my Honeymoon. Me and my Husband loved the hotel. The property is so beautiful. The view from our room was amazing and hotel is located in the best location of Melbourne. Would like to visit this place again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Crown Towers for week and it was great. The staff are really friendly and helpful, the rooms are lovely and clean with the most comfortable beds. We tried a lot of the restaurants which were all yummy and spent a bit of time in the casino which was fun. This place is great you don't have to leave if you don't want to, it is an entertainment hub so much to do and so little time we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try the Chinese restaurant just inside the casino entrance hotel end, they do the best Chinese food...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at Crown Towers a few times for special occasions such as our anniversary! We are always greeted with friendliness and helpfulness. This time we were even upgraded free of charge to a studio room (without even requesting it). We asked for a late checkout and were instantly offered a 12pm checkout at no extra charge! The room was lovely, well equipped and clean! The only suggestion I have is for Crown Towers to improve the quality of their shampoo etc. I have stayed at other 5 star hotels and their shampoos etc have been much nicer! Thanx again for a lovely stay! We will be back!

sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is my fourth stay at this wonderful hotel.. From the minute you arrive you feel well taken care of. The service is just amazing. Everyone has a smile. We had a beautiful studio room with amazing views. Nothing was too much trouble. The bed is just so comfortable. It is so peaceful even though its a casino. The pool area is immaculate. While you are there have dinner at Atlantic. Fantastic seafood.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just arrived home from a 2 night stay at Crown Towers Melbourne. The hotel are surrounds are exquisite. We had booked 2 interconnecting rooms, and received 2 rooms on level 20. The rooms are fantastic and the bathrooms deserve a special mention. They are extremely spacious and the added touch of a tv next to the bath is great. Beds are comfortable, however a little on the harder side. If you prefer a softer bed, it may be problematic. We really loved the pool area, it is wonderful. You are required to sign in, however once inside all your cares drift away. Food and drink inside the complex is very pricey (especially when buying for 4). Service overall was average. All housekeeping staff were lovely and greeted you regularly. My experience though with the concierge was disappointing to say the least. I approached him to make a dinner booking for us that same evening. I asked for a particular time to suit our family needs. He advised that the restaurant we wanted was not open at that time (even though I had just walked past their front door and saw their operating hours on it, hence why I asked for that time). He then proceeded to tell me that I was wrong and that he should know. I did not feel the need to argue with him so I walked around to the restaurant in question and made the booking myself. His attitude was poor, and he looked down on me as though I did not deserve his time. A very poor experience and thus individual needs to be reminded he's the concierge of crown and not the CEO. Overall, the experience was good at crown however my interactions with the concierge left a very sour taste in my mouth. If he needs great service training, Crown should send him to look at the way the Langham Hotel staff in the club lounge act. They have it down pat over there. Ordered room service dessert and the French crepes were disgusting. They were hard and extremely unpleasant. You expect more for $19 per serve. Overall a good stay let down by a few small issues.

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Newyfamily
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

While overall it was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the room and pool to your liking, I was concerned to read of your experience with our Concierge and would welcome the chance to discuss this further with you.

Please feel free to contact myself or the Duty Manager on (03) 9292 8888.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Crown Towers
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary. We booked the experience package thru wot if and it was great value. We had a king suite with views across the bay, comfy bed and robes and wonderful bathroom with bath and tv. Complimentary champers was lovely and we were lucky enough to get an upgrade from a king deluxe to a king suite. The service was impeccable, a must stay!