“Indulgent escape” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Geelong, Australia
“Indulgent escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary. We booked the experience package thru wot if and it was great value. We had a king suite with views across the bay, comfy bed and robes and wonderful bathroom with bath and tv. Complimentary champers was lovely and we were lucky enough to get an upgrade from a king deluxe to a king suite. The service was impeccable, a must stay!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

WOW this is a terrific place to stay, the rooms are generous and quiet, beds so so comfy with choices of pillows. The location is terrific and the whole complex is monstrous. The staff at check in checkout, room service, service cleaning staff were all so polite and helpful and even when we went into the Club Lounge in error we were still treated with courtesy. Well recommended. Room service food couldn't be faulted.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Gambier, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here for the first time, in a villa, and it was exceptional.
Great staff, beautiful decor, crystal club breakfast was lovely. We only ventured out once, opting to make the most of our gorgeous rooms and room service.
Our villa was complete with beautiful bedroom, dining, lounge, stocked bar, sensational bathroom with spa and steamroom. We could not have asked for a more beautiful room. The only negative experience was a terrible visit to Number8 restaurant in the complex (see separate review). We will be back :)

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nerang, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel always impresses, this is about the 4th time I have stayed and was delivered the usual high service experience. The room was spotless, amazing view and very comfy sleep. Location is fabulous as we were attending different venues around melbourne - this was central to everything.

Room Tip: 1507 has a view of the river and city skyline.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I wanted to share with you all a recent experience I had at Crown Towers Melbourne. The hotel was fine - a good experience there. Though as I am sure you will all agree one bad experience and a lack of customer service can really contribute to a bad memory all round.

Below is a copy of the 2nd email I wrote l last week regarding an experience I had at Crown Spa. I have not had any response from Crown at all - sad to say I won't return for that reason alone. I am more than happy to pay the $$ for a great experience but there is nothing worse than feeling 'ripped off'.

"Dear Crown Spa - I recently stayed at your hotel and during my stay had a pedicure. I cannot say it was a bad experience but it certainly was not a $150 experience. There was a group of four of us booked and I secured myself the last pedicure booking on the Saturday afternoon. When hearing it was $150 I did think this was excessive pricing but thought it would be an amazing treat and an experience I certainly would not have had before.

It was very disappointing.

The pedicure experience itself was no better than the usual pedicure AND manicure I pay $40 for. I bought in my own polish as a 'just in case' but found myself needing to use it due to lack of selection of colors anyway. The girl who worked on me was lovely but the polish was very unevenly painted and very washed out in sections.

As mentioned at the start of this email - I knew of the price and was prepared to pay this for the luxurious five star experience I was hoping to have but it was very disappointing to really just receive a standard pedicure that I could have received at any salon in Melbourne.

I would appreciate a response as this is the second email I have written."

And again it has been another 5 days and no response. Five star experience? I don't think so...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

I too am disappointed to read not only of your experience with the Spa but then the lack of follow up on our part in response to your feedback.

I understand that our Director of Spas has now been in contact with you and the issues have been addressed.

I appreciate your patience and am glad that you enjoyed the hotel experience otherwise.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Crown Towers
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was our fourth stay at Crown Towers and as usual we were highly impressed. Even a standard room is gorgeous with the highest quality fixtures and fittings and everything in excellent working order. The staff are well trained and attentive.
The standard and variety of restaurants and eateries within the Crown complex is excellent.
I could only find one fault with our stay this time. The water pressure was rather bad. It took a very long time to fill the bath and the shower was less than exhilarating.
Otherwise a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is absolutely outstanding. From the beautiful interiors to the service quality, everything is flawless. We stayed there for just one night and didn't feel like we want to go out, as there is so much to see and to inside the hotel. Highly recommended and definitely worth the price tag.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple