“More impressed”

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #3 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have already written a review about Crown Towers after I stayed travelling with my brother and I wasn't overly impressed with the service, however I thought I would give it another go, given my other half likes casinos and better the devil you know?
This time everything ran smoothly apart from one evening with the girl behind the reception desk blaming me for the key card not working because I had put it in my wallet.
That aside the room was beautiful, better than I had recalled and the shower was particularly good.
The best thing though was the room service food. It was amazing! We also spent one dinner at Spice Temple in the complex which was beautiful and the service was fantastic.
I can truly recommend the Towers but the service is not without some small faults.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashreign
Write a ReviewReviews (2,506)

Reviewed January 3, 2013

All the reviews capture the great things about Crown & the suites are divine but now on my 2nd stay over a new years period, there were a few things disappointing. This year there was no lovely fruit bowl or bottle of champagne to see in the new year. There was a hidden 'extra' left in our lounge fom a previous guest that my litte one had found & the saff in the Crystal Club, whilst fabulous, needed more help with the large parties of families that were there. The other thing that made my stay disappointing was the lack of knowledge on what premium restaurants served healthy kids food, we don't live on fried food & if I wanted pasta, I would have stayed at home.
Tina @ the Crystal Club was fabulous & I am hoping next years stay will see some improvements.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Crown Towers takes its decorating cues from the Crown Casino beneath it. Not being a Casino-patron, I had my reservations about this.

In fact, the hotel is very well located for the nearby Conference centre. The river-side exit past the restaurants enables you to avoid the casino, and whilst you are aware of its presence, it does not seem intrusive.

The nearby restaurant precinct offers a variety of eating options (most on the middle to upper end of the market)

My room was beautifully appointed and extremely spacious, with a great view across the river and city skyline. The bathroom in particular was surprisingly large.

There's not much individual charm in this place, but if a well-appointed, modern, hotel with a touch of glitz is to your liking, it would be hard to do better.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wow, how to feel like a Rockstar when visiting Melbourne. This place is glamerous and luxurious. Gorgeous view of Melbourne from the room on floor 17. All staff encountered were very friendly and helpful. Room service breakfast was a real treat. Very convenient location, close to casino, restaurants, shopping or just 'promenading' people watching. Would highly recommend to stay here for a special occasion.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Magilacuttys
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We spent four nights in Melbourne at the Crown Towers in an executive suite. The room was amazing with separate lounge area, gorgeous big bathroom (with tv!), lovely super king bed and views across to the city. One of the loveliest rooms we've stayed in recently.

My Mother and brother also stayed in separate King rooms which were also lovely.

The only negative comment I would mention is regarding how my brother was treated by reception staff - more than once. We were all there for his 40th birthday so it was a special occasion for him. The first night his key wouldn't work after we returned from dinner and when he went to get it fixed he was treated like he was trying to break into the place. It's one thing to ask for identification but to be aggressively questioned on how long he was staying etc etc is really not on. I'm not just taking his word for it either as we were all there. He was terribly embarrassed and we were upset for him. My brother may not necessarily have looked or dressed like the majority of people staying but pease don't judge (he came straight from work each evening) - especially someone who's paying a decent nightly rate to stay at your hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The hotel crown is indeed a crown of Melbourne. The hotel is majestically placed on the bank of Yarra river and makes you feel like a king. My room was in the 27th floor and with a breathtaking view. The hotel houses the casino in the ground and first level and conference rooms. The hotel staff are very active and make sure to keep your room tidy. The staff in the concierge are very helpful and patient.

The hotel is so well placed centrally and most of the famous landmarks are just in walkable distance from here. The Eureka towers, Federation square, Flinders street, Immigration museum and DFO to name a few.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We managed to find a good deal early enough which made this indulgence very good value for money.

Our room wasn't available upon checking in but this was understandable considering it was 10.00am. I know most places will have a room ready by this time but it tells you something when nobody wants to vacate their room until the maximum allowable time...! At any rate, we kept our bags with the bell desk, had lunch in the city and were alerted to our room's availability around 12.30pm by SMS (small things make big differences).

The room was excellent; I don't think there is a need to expand on previous reviews or the official website.

If you have the time, make the effort to visit the pool - it's a very large area so you should be able to find a comfortable spot to lounge around. One tip I would give is that bottled water is free in the gym/pool area so don't take it out of the mini-fridge (I didn't check but I presume they charge). I might sound stingy but the money is better in my pocket than theirs.

In terms of restaurants, we visited Koko which is outstanding quality, ambience...if you're willing to pay for it.

Highly recommended...go for it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple