“Crystal Club - very cool”

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #2 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed at Crown Towers, room was great, very comfy bed and love the TV in the bathroom (bath could be deeper). Crystal Club was well worth the extra money, the lounge provided excellent food, drink service superb, while private check in and check out and valet parking made things a breeze (just as well, as the queue at the usual reception looked very busy). Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy C

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We booked 3 rooms and paid up front, when we arrived the rooms were not ready, we were told that reception will text us when they are ready, no text until 3 pm we have to ask again and again finally we checked in one room after another. When we booked my husband used my name to check in but they won't let me in until they call him on his mobile ask for his permission from his conference, what a joke! After waiting at the lobby for 5 hours with 2 young children, not a good experience we got from this hotel, we stayed there every time we go to Melbourne, but not next time.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Visarach G
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

I was disappointed to read of your experience, in particular relating to the delay in having your rooms ready. On busy weekends in Melbourne and with hotels full from the night before, I expect rooms will not always be available at 10:00am however regret that yours were not available until 3:00pm and the means of communicating this was not well handled.

We do have baggage storage facilities and the day spa for early arriving guests and regret that this obviously impacted on your visit so significantly with the children to manage. Your experience has been shared with the relevant team members so that they fully understand the importance of communicating well with guests arriving ahead of the check in time and I apologise that the rooms were not ready until an hour later than they should have been.

Your security is paramount to us and hence our policies to ensure your keys are not released to just anyone are quite strict. This is highlighted throughout the booking process and again I am sorry that this impacted on your stay with us.

While I appreciate your frustration even before getting to your rooms, I do hope the remainder of your stay was as expected and that we have the chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've stayed at the Crown Towers before, 3 years previously and it's just as exceptional as I remember it.

The hotel, rooms, amenities are perfect in every way. Nothing compares to the Crown Towers, I love it - and for all the right reasons.

Thank you to the staff there for another wonderful stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tangojo
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Let me start by saying the rooms and the hotel are amazing, rooms comfortable, spacious, huge and the bathrooms are incredible. The staff on the reception/bell and housekeeping were very accommodating and pleasant. The downside to our whole trip was the club room (Crystal Club), we are regular club users at all the hotels we stay in and I have to say this is one of the most unaccommodating, rule orientated, "NO" to absolutely everything we asked for. We went with out children 8&9 and there was not basic food for them, we asked to order room service in the club so we could still sit and have a drink and nibble and were told that we couldn't do that until the club hours were finished. I brought back McDonalds from across the road and was not allowed access into the club with it - not sure what they wanted the kids to do for food. There were no spaces/toys/games/books for children in the club. We were not shown an menu for breakfast only told we could have buffet and when we inquired on the last morning why everyone else could order from a menu we were told we could have. We wee not given any details on the club or how to use it other then the times it was open. The staff seemed to always have to ask the manager or anything out of the ordinary and the answer was always "NO". We only came across one young man who didn't seem nervous in the club, everyone else was like they were walking on egg shells. It took half and hour the first day to be able to order out even drink then it was forgotten twice and eventually arrived at our table - 45min after we arrived in the club. You had to finish one drink (right to the bottom0 before you could order another - this ended up that you only really received 3 drinks in total in your two hours the evening drink are available - very frustrating. As I said we loved the magnificent hotel but the club leaves a lot to be desired compared to others around town - they"manager" might like to go for a visit to the amazing one at the Sofitel for example. After our 6th time at this hotel it might be time for a change.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay with us at Crown Towers.

It was concerning to read your of your perception of the welcome for children in the Crystal Club and I regret any disappointment this may have caused. As we are considered a large hotel, we pride ourselves on being able to accommodate all markets and work hard to accommodate families with all the extras you’d expect in the rooms, along with the largest hotel pool in the city, tennis and basketball, etc. Your experience has drawn attention to a shortcoming in our service for kids in the Crystal Club executive lounge and I appreciate the opportunity this provides us to review our current offering.

Your comments about the rooms being amazing and comfortable, and the other staff you experienced accommodating and pleasant, are appreciated and have been shared with the team.

I do hope we have the chance to restore your confidence in us in the future and hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This will be my 6th visit to crown towers and as always a great experience. From the valet parking to check-in until we checked out, everything was perfect. The room was a basic suite and is fantastic with plenty of room. Would recommend crown towers to anyone wanting the best of the best, just remember with the best comes a cost. The crown towers is not cheap but definately value for money

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Gorgeous room, food, staff, facilities. But, on phone advice was told to park in valet parking before registering at reception because I had requested valet parking 5 hrs before check in. This caused some confusion for the bell staff, and I felt like was being scolded by a doorman in a red coat. Anyway, I'll know in future because I won't let a cranky man standing in torrential rain get in the way of my fun.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments here on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

While I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the property and the staff, I am sorry for the handling of your valet parking when checking in, early in the day. Your comments have been shared with the relevant team members.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night on the 25/11/2012, the service of all the staff I had contact with was great, the room it self was the best hotel room I have ever stayed in the quality was second to none
I had room service breakfast it's was very tasty, do your self a favour stay at this hotel, I will be back for sure

• Stayed: November 2012