“Music from night club”

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #3 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I'm staying her tonight and its 1.50am I can still hear the music beating away from the crystal club! I called the service desk and the guy couldn't believe me when I said I can hear it from my room as I'm located on level 27!!! Boom boom boom

Driving me crazy! Could have stayed at the Westin for a lot cheaper and no noise!!

• Stayed: November 2012
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

I was concerned to read of your experience here at Crown Towers, specifically relating to the noise after hours.

While there is a range of entertainment venues in the area, our Crystal Club actually closes after pre dinner drinks and does not have the facilities to play loud music so I suspect this may have been another venue that you heard. I appreciate this must have been very frustrating for you and understand that the duty manager relocated your room for you, which I trust solved the problem on the night.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Crown Towers

Write a ReviewReviews (2,426)

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a fantastic hotel. Expensive yes, but this can be one of the once in a lifetime experiences if you wish.
wonderful rooms.

Only downside, internet was a bit slow sometimes. and the warm water takes some time to get to the shower.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank H_J_Simpson
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Crown Towers is a great place to stay when visiting Melbourne, even for a short break if you want a city weekend break. Always clean, good service, nice but inoffensive decor - ticks all the basic boxes you are looking for. I personally love that it has tea and coffee making facilities - I hate getting room service for a simple cup of tea! Yet it has all the fancy extras like remote control curtains and blinds, so you can get the exact amount of light and privacy you like, and a TV in the bathroom (if these things are important to you!) It's in a great location, walkable to many city highlights, and if you are lucky you may bump into a minor (or major) celebrity, as big names often stay here. Not the place to stay if you want a cosy, friendly vibe - this is grand, bling and comfortably anonymous. Also the parking can be a bit tricky to find your way in and out of. Overall a great city hotel, has never let us down - as a couple, for work and even with a young child.

Room Tip: Worth asking for an upgrade to a suite - the extra room is like having an inner city apartment
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for our anniversary and loved it.....staff are helpful and friendly, room was immaculate and great location for exploring the city.......the rooms are so modern with tv in the bathroom and gorgeous lighting and marble fixtures...we were sent a complimentary bottle of bubbles to help us celebrate......just loved everything about this hotel.....would highly recommend for that special night

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the Crystal Club...well worth it !!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lympant

I was pleased to read of your recent experience at Crown Towers and thank you for your kind comments about both the service and the quality of the property itself.

We do pride ourselves on “the details” and the team work very hard to ensure our guest experience is exemplary in every way.

Thank you for recommending the hotel here on Trip Advisor.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Crown Towers

Reviewed November 5, 2012

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the service at the Crown Towers was 5 star. We had opted for the Crystal Club option so had access to a more private breakfast area and this was well worth the expense. As with other reviewers, I would recommend a room on a higher floor overlooking the Yarra river to fully benefit from the views! The lobby, as witth everything at this hotel is massive and has a wonderful staircase leading up to the first floor where there are a number of restaurants and shops. The bedroom was everything we could have asked for and provided an extremely comfortable stay. When we next stay in Melbourne, it will be difficult to look past this hotel!

Room Tip: Go for a room on a higher floor overlooking the Yarra river
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed for a night here while in Melbourne for a work conference. I arrived too early to be able to check in but they arranged for my bag to be put in my room during the day so it was there when I got to the room late that night. Room was very nice, especially the bathroom. Check out process was easy and I had no trouble getting a taxi to the airport. There are plenty of dining options in the complex and it was nice walking along the river at night. I felt safe all the time. I would recommend this hotel and be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stay here at least once a year and book a suite (huge ) it is nice to have the butler service they polish your shoes iron your clothes tc. The added advantage of the Crystal room is nice. You have access to complimentary drinks (alcohol included) nibbles and breakfast set in a relaxing room that is quite intimate.The staff fall all over you. My favourite room is the one that has a huge bathroom (would fit 20 people into this room) and it overlooks the city nice way to luxuriate in a spa bath.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify your view preference and that the suite you book is in the crystal club range...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple