“Worth the $$$”

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #3 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I love staying at the Crown - stayed in the crown towers in a suite. Checkin was quick and easy nothing amazing but all i care about is not having to wait in line and getting the room i paid for which i did. I booked over grandfinal weekend (without realising) and probably paid a bit more for it than normal but loved the whole weekend. Views over the yarra were amazing! And made me fall more in love with Melbourne. Room was spacious and clean. I always judge a 5* hotel on its bathroom which was brilliant. Was a little disappointed by the amenities (love taking home the cute shampoos!) but a tv in the bathroom was fantastic. Had room service a few times and it always arrived within 30mins (no matter that time of day). Breakfast was pricey but as expected and food was tasty and generous. I slept on the day beds at night as i was staying with a pregnant girlfriend who needed her own space and LOVED how comfortable they were. Slept like a baby and woke up to amazing views. Would stay again. Crown has a magical feel and we got to eat at some fantastic restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CherieClenick
Write a ReviewReviews (2,426)

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I booked 2 nights in the premiere suite where I could get ready for my wedding that morning, then come back with my new husband for a romantic wedding night. The room was lovely and bathroom was very impressive however, being a nervous bride, I checked whether Crown could facilitate parking for my florist, makeup artist and limo just for that morning. I guess I stupidly assumed that spending $400 a night, as well as all other overpriced expenses such as steam cleaning, room service and spa treatments, would allow some kind of leeway with parking on my most important day..... I was wrong and was charged $50 for my makeup artist to park for an hour and my limo driver was abused and told to drive around until I was outside! I was also charged $180 for express steam pressing of my wedding and flower girl dresses as I would have got my dresses back by 6pm on the day of my wedding if I hadn't. The last negative I have is that when I asked room service to make sure my room was cleaned before me and my new husband came back, I was disappointed to see that all they did was move our stuff into a corner and made the bed. Not the most romantic setting to come back to, with my make up, clothes and hair products thrown into the corner of the hallway..
Anyway, on the positive side, the location, amenities, food and bath tub is BRILLIANT! There's always something to do at Crown and the rooms are beautiful when properly cleaned.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Jewelsowinner
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay with us at Crown Towers.

Valet parking is charged at $50 per vehicle and we do offer self-parking options within the complex, should a guest choose to self-park, as many do.

I am sorry that your limousine driver was not able to wait indefinitely on the hotel drive although with many limousines moving on and off the drive every hour, we have to limit their waiting times with a limited space.

Our pricing for both dry cleaning and pressing are considered competitive among five star hotels although the handling of any items as an express service will incur a higher price as our laundry forms indicate.

I was very concerned to read your comments in regard to the room cleaning and have shared your feedback with the Housekeeping Manager for investigation.

I was happy to see that you found the cleaning otherwise to be of a high quality and that you enjoy the amenities, bath tub, food and location, along with all the activities about Crown.

We hope to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Crown Towers

Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you are looking for wow factor, this is the hotel you are looking for. Everything from the lobby to the room are very luxurious. I have stayed in various chain 5 star hotels, Crown towers simply stood above the rest. Or perhaps is it a 6 star? Price wise, it is very expensive. Breakfast was $70, Vallet parking was $50. And there was no complementary on site parking. Room rate wasn't cheap either, but I guess that's the price you pay for luxury.

Room Tip: Request the iconic flinders street station view room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here with access to the Crystal Club through a wotif deal. When we arrived we were asked if we would like to pay $150 to upgrade to a suite with views of the yarra. We decided yes and were welcomed to AMAZING views, the room had a lounge and a seperate bedroom. We went to to the Crystal club for afternoon tea. We had coffee and a few slices and cakes. There wasnt a huge amount of options, but certaintly enough. We then went to happy hour with complimenty drinks. The staff quickly rushed over and offered us another drink when we had finished one. The canopy's were also lovely, spring rolls, sushi and cheese and dip. Breakfast at the Crystal club was also lovely, lots of fresh fruit, noodles, muffans and everything youd expect to see at breakfast, all lovely and fresh. Again the service was amazing. In regards to the room, it was spacious, extremally clean, and offered wonderful views. All and all Crown Towers offered wonderful service and quailty accomodation. A must stay in Melbourne

Room Tip: If possible ask for a view of the Yarra
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

From the foyer to the rooms....nothing to complain about. Rooms were clean, spacious and modern. Beds were huge and comfy, and the chocolates on my pillow were especially yummy. the bathroom was luxurious, with above average toiletries. Staff were helpful and cheery. Definitely the place to stay. Its close to all amenities, shops, restaurants, casino and attractions. Transport is readily available practically at your doorstep.If you want to shop, eat , gamble or just relax then this is the place for you. i got a great price for my 2 nights....look on the internet and I'm sure you'll find a bargain.

Room Tip: Look for the specials to grab a bargain. Higher floors have great views of the city, especially the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Crown Towers is probably the hotel that I stay at most frequently. Sure it's not perfect, and does tend to scalp the weekend non-business guest, I have found it to be reliable.
If I've got a special occasion on or staying in the city for whatever reason I tend to stick with Crown. The location is unbeatable and well served by a great range of restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

On check in the receptionist was not very helpful with any information about the services of the hotel, check out time and didn't even point us in the direction of the lifts (and it was late so there were no others checking in at the time). I'm probably picky as I work in Hospitality but when you are paying top dollar you do tend to expect the best. The room was absolutely beautiful and I have to say one of the cleanest I've ever stayed in. I had a couple of simple requests when i was there but somehow the messages got mixed or simply forgotten and there was just no genuine care from the staff. I have to say the only reason I am giving an average rating is simply because no matter how nice a room with a view is, it is the staff that will make a stay an exceptional one and unfortunately this time they failed. I will still give this Hotel another go as everyone has bad days and another time may be a different experience as I have read some rave reviews from others about the great service others have received here therefore I know they have the ability to provide it, just need to be more consistent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments.

I am genuinely disappointed to read of your experience here at Crown Towers as we pride ourselves on the service the team offer. Please feel free to contact the Duty Manager directly on 0411 409 290 should you wish to discuss your experience further.

Fortunately you enjoyed the hotel itself but again, I was concerned to read, and regret any disappointment we may have caused, relating to the service experienced.

We do look forward to welcoming you again and would appreciate the opportunity to restore your confidence in our service.

Kind regards,