“Love to stay here again and again!”

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #3 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Airport pick-up is on time,it takes around 25 minutes to the airport. Arrived early in morning and reception managed to let us check-in earlier around 10.30am. Nice and spacious room. Pillows in the room are a bit soft but they have a pillow menu, I got my firm pillow and slept very well. The crystal club is changed to 3 floor with outdoor area(good for smokers), free fi-wi in lounge, free afternoon tea and happy hours, nice canapes and drinks, service is lovely. The hotel location is great, close to many nice restaurants Nobu and Atlantic.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I had a good room, the bed was comfortable, I slept well, but the overall hotel experience fell short of the quality image that Crown tries to convey.

I should have known better, but I had a lot of work to complete and I broke my cardinal rule of never ordering room service at Crown. Well, at least they have maintained a consistent standard over the years, but that standard is awful. I have sad memories of still-frozen food from Crown Panorama, followed by badly microwaved mush, and sadly, they must have shifted that chef to Towers. The schnitzel main course wasn't bad ... a little dry, about what you'd get in a rush-rush suburban pub ... but the calamari entree was lifeless, and the side-order of fries was almost decomposing as it tried to move beyond soggy limpness. Eat out if you stay at Crown.

Then I attempted to iron my clothes for the next day. Did Crown hire their housekeeping manager from a budget Asian hotel? Is it a ploy to make Chinese gamblers feel at home? They've gone for those silly little postage-stamp ironing boards that flooded across Asia a decade ago. In my vision of Hotel Management heaven, any housekeeper that puts this rubbish into a room will get turned away from the Pearly Gates, and condemned to an eternity of ironing an adult male's trousers on one of these infernal devices. Eat your heart out, Dante!

The good. Check-in was efficient. Check-out was efficient. Both were pleasant. The location is good, quite easy to reach from the airport. But I won't be in a hurry to go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at the Crown Towers Hotel.

I was disappointed to read of your experience with Room Service and will investigate this matter as a priority as this is certainly an area we ought to be getting right. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment this may have caused.

Regarding the ironing board in guest rooms, where we currently store the board in the wardrobe of the room type you were in, does not accommodate a full sized board. However, your comment is appreciated and I’ll ensure we review the ironing board placement in the event that we can revisit the current style of board provided to our guest.

Overall, I was happy to see that you enjoyed your visit and that the bed was to your liking and the service as you should expect of us here at Crown. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Was just an overnight stay following a function at Crown, but without doubt a first class hotel... certainly make you pay for it, but room of good size and extremely clean... for those that don't know Melbourne, this is a great location - having said that, make sure you get out and enjoy the inner city laneways (restaurants/cafes etc) rather than living in the Crown complex (would be an easy trap to fall into). Hope to be back again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We booked the Premier Club Suite for New Years Eve for a phenomenal amount but absolutely enjoyed it. Especially when you could view out to the city and the Yarra and enjoy the spectacle of both the fire works and towers of fire below.

Everything costs at Crown, ice buckets; you want it then it will cost $20 for the privilege. A great jumping castle was set up near the pool for the kids; $25 a ride.

We were guaranteed level 16-28 as a part of our package, and paid for it, only to arrive and was told that we were on level 12. We wanted a view from a top floor and was disappointed the level we received. I questioned the guarantee, as my room more than likely was given to a celeb, and was provided with a few hundred dollars off my tariff.

Overall, the service was great; albeit a little slow on New Years Eve, but this was understandable.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Select a high level, but just don't trust guarantees.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2012

Thank you for your feedback after your visit on New Years Eve – certainly the place to be to see Melbourne’s fireworks spectacle.

With regards to the ice delivery, we do charge a service fee for room service deliveries for just the one night per year as do many hotels on New Years Eve. This is simply to manage the demand with so many guests in their rooms and entertaining, as I am sure you can understand.

To confirm, the very popular water slide you mention is part of the Kids Club and entry to the Club is $25 per child, with supervision and unlimited sliding.

I was happy to see that we were able to resolve the problem with the level of the room for you and encourage you to book early for the coming year as New Years Eve is always a popular evening for us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I've stayed here on no fewer than 20 occasions.
The facility is truly first class...the service is consistently excellent.
The place is managed magnificently.
One criticism...If you're a Vegatarian then the in room dining options are very-very disappointing. An insult really considering how much choice is available for those wanting steak, chicken or seafood. But better vegatarian dining options are available within a short walk from the hotel.
Overall the rooms are beautifully appointed & very uplifting... you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Whenever we have something on in the city we stay here. The main reason being the location, from here it's easy to get to most places . The standard of the rooms is high if a little expensive . Because of the price if you check sites such as last miniut there is always a good chance of getting a deal, specially on weekends.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for two nights on the 17 & 18th of Feb 2012.
Check in was super fast and our bags were safely in our room before we even got inside.
We then had a lovely gentlemen come to our room and show us how the technology worked and answered any questions we may have had in regards to our room- really great staff.
We had an executive suite and was very pleased with the size of the room and especially the views and the bathroom- both beautiful.
Room was very quiet and cleaning staff were very great.

Only two thing they may be able to improve on was the information of attractions for people who don’t know Melbourne that great- no services offering help.
Also we had breakfast at Breezers and were highly disappointed!!!!!
Terrible food and very expensive- cost us $88.00 for eggs and toast and two juices for 2 people.

Beside that we had a great relaxing stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for your recent feedback. In particular, I appreciate you highlighting the arrival experience and the level of service that you received.

Consistent with that service, we have a dedicated and informed Concierge team that man their lobby desk 24 hours per day to ensure our visitors have all the assistance they need, when planning their valuable time in Melbourne. I am sorry that you were not aware of this but we choose to provide this personal service ahead of a rack of brochures or something similar that can sometimes be a little overwhelming, particularly in a city such as Melbourne with so much on offer.

Our Conservatory Restaurant is being upgraded and as a result, several alternative breakfast venues have been opened literally in the past week. The Breezes offering will in fact be discontinued in the coming days and a new outlet opened for breakfast as we look to improve the offering for our guests. I am sorry that breakfast did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Overall, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit. The team and I look forward to welcoming you again.