“Will return”

Ibis Styles Melbourne, The Victoria Hotel
Ranked #94 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Position, staff fantastic...renovated rooms quite a walk from the lifts..but prefer that for the comfort and quietness. Garage staff very obliging but I was fortunate in being able to park in their carpark and not have to venture further up the street.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
GeneralManager215, General Manager at Ibis Styles Melbourne, The Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2010

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stayed and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

An Accor traveler
Launceston
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Reviewed December 5, 2010

pretty good place, neat, great service. we had a fairly small room but didnt need space so didnt bother us too much. unfortunatel the spa wasn't working which was probably the only let down.

Reviewed December 4, 2010

When I tried to check in early and leave my bag until later that afternoon I was told I would have to purchase a locker, 5 for 6 hours and $7 for 24 hours (which is what I would have needed) and then again the smae in the morning until my train left at lunchtime. With the price of rooms at this hotel I find this appalling and have never struck this before at any accor hotel. I complained very strongly but got nowhere with the guy "trying" to check me in. He couldn't get the computer to accept my complimentary night. I considered cancelling the booking. Another gentleman asked if I needed help. I explainedband he gave me a complimentary locker until my room was available. I left earlier than I had to the next morning. I would definitely not go back to this hotel again or recommend it to anyone. I have not renewed my membership with Accor.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo

Thank you for your email. The luggage lockers are part of a huge redevelopment of the hotel, and are meant to give our customers a safe and secure place to store their luggage when seeing the sights. The hotel has maintained and will continue (to maintain) a policy of value for money accommodation, despite being in one of the prime sites in the CBD of Melbourne. The previous luggage area was dingy dark and had to make way for the new foyer development, which I am sure you will agree greatly enhances the look and experience of staying at the hotel, as well as provide the secure system so many clients had asked for. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 29, 2010

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
GeneralManager215, General Manager at Ibis Styles Melbourne, The Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2010

Reviewed November 25, 2010

This was my second stay in this hotel so I knew what to expect. Got a good rate for a single unrenovated room for a Thursday and Friday night. I was very pleased the room had a safe!!!!!! Or so I thought. I asked at reception for a key for the safe, she said if its not on your key ring a previous guest must have taken it home. I said surely you get a signature for a safe key, she said we cant ask all our guests to sign for a key, I said and you cant expect a guest to not use the safe because a previous guest had taken the key home. I could tell the conversation was going no-where! I hope the manager responds to this. His staff are letting him down.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
GeneralManager215, General Manager at Ibis Styles Melbourne, The Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2010

Thank you very much for your feedback. We apologise that your stay was not all you expected. In regarding to your comments I will ensure that these are passed on to the relevent Departments and used for future training. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 25, 2010

I will Never be staying at this hotel EVER!! again the staff where awful and have no customer service skills especially LUKE the so called manager he had no idea!!!
He was rude and was no help at all he lacks experince and is a total joke really.