Royce Hotel
$229
$210
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$192
$104
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$173
$157
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
The Westin Melbourne(Melbourne)
$195
$176
Westin.com
  • Pool
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
$148
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$126
$199
$175
Priceline
1,318 results
All reviewsdish restaurantamber roomroyal suitest kilda roadgrammar schoolbotanical gardensboutique hoteldrink vouchersgreat boutiquebalcony rooma short tram ridewelcome drinkspa bathbuffet breakfastvalet parkinglovely hotelroom service
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is our 2nd stay at the Royce as we really like the decor and individual look of their room types. When we stayed 3 years ago the service team were friendly and helpful and engaged with guests.
This current crew were courteous but cold and detached - doing the minimum to assist. I wonder what management is like?
For the overall hotel experience a friendly crew to greet you on arrival, during one's stay and at departure is what makes a hotel unique.

Room Tip: Most rooms are great! But we feel that as were booked on Trip Advisor we were given the room the farthest back as possible overlooking a wall - so not romantic- especially as they knew it was wedding anniversary stay. We have also stayed in the 2-room suite which was fabulous, as are the mezzanine rooms!
1  Thank Mitch B
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Loved this place. Hope to be going back soon.
The whole hotel and room was very nice. Everything felt new and modern.

Ate in the restaurant downstairs. The food was great. I note fore other travelers (not really a fault) that when you order entrée size - it really is just entrée size.

We stayed on the weekend so parking on the street was free. Weekdays would be an issue.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The suite we stayed in was very nice...only issue was some mould in the shower...it's not so noticeable when dry...but turns black when wet (room 318 for the cleaners). The staff were really nice, but we're not very "switched on". We booked the romance pacake for 2 nights...which includes a bottle of Chardon for each night. When we arrived it was not in the room so it was going to be sent up....but it didn't arrive so we left to go to the movies and I asked for it to be there on our return, which it was. On the second night I rang an hour before we were going out to dinner for the champs, but it didn't arrive again. At check out the next morning I had to ask if I could take it with me. I was given another brand of champs with no explanation. The whole thing was very awkward. Why have a package that includes things and then make the customer chase you for it???...and even then it doesn't arrive? The hotel itself is great...but the difference between a real 5 star establishment and the Royce is this attention to detail. At almost $700 for 2 nights you should not have to ask more than once for what you have already paid for. We got forgotten twice...I'll go somewhere else next time. It kind of killed the romance.

1  Thank Michael J
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed in a standard room it was huge compared to other hotels of the same price, with a king size bed our room faced st Kilda road & the noise level was minimal. breakfast was included in our package and was great lots of hot choices and fresh seasonal fruits & cereal, we also had dinner in the restaurant . The location for us was perfect as we had a car we were just outside the city so access to the hotel was so easy and getting out of the city just as easy as this was by passed. will defiantly be returning. Tram stop just outside the door if you needed it

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed here on my 18th birthday and it was incredible. I booked an executive suite and when I got to my room it was even better as it had a massive personal balcony with a beautiful view over the courtyard. The room was luxurious and trendy with a king size bed and spa bath with TV. The staff were super friendly and even wished me a happy birthday. All in all, I had an incredible stay at the Royce and would choose to stay there again based on its high level of luxury and central location at an affordable price. My only negative thing to say about it was that the central heating system in my room didn't work and it was a very chilly night however I notified them of this in the morning and they assured me they would have a look and get it fixed.

Overall a spectacular hotel and it exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Executive room on the sixth floor, room 608 has a massive personal balcony which I loved
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo