“So-so”
Review of Quest on Bourke

Quest on Bourke
Ranked #104 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed in Quest for 3 weeks for a business trip. Staff were friendly - greeting me with at least a smile everytime I wandered past reception. Location-wise, its a great place to stay, with most of Melbourne being within short walking distance.

The rooms on the other hand wwas tired looking with the furniture showing signs of wear and tear, and I'm pretty sure the carpet wasn't vacuumed the entire time I stayed there. I could feel some damp and sticky spots on the carpet, kitchen tiles and bathroom.

The room layouts were pretty terrible (Room 209), as the Air conditioning unit only cooled down the living space, so on the hotter nights, the bedroom was extremely toasty.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
VW25, General Manager at Quest on Bourke, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Firstly thank you for your feedback in regard to the property. Due to the layout there are times of extreme seasonal heat and cold when the whole apartment is not impacted by the location of the air conditioning, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this caused you. I will also be liaising with the housekeeping department in regard to the cleanliness of your apartment, due to the length of your stay you are due to have a full service by our housekeeping team three times per week, so the vacuuming would have been done at least three times per week. Once again I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this caused you - however, if we would have been able to assist in a more timely manner perhaps if this had been mentioned during your stay and we would have been able to make your stay more enjoyable.

There are newer reviews for Quest on Bourke

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was initially a little disappointed as although we were on a high floor, we had limited view due to being behind the big concrete facade of the building. The room was also a little tired and at some stage the carpet had seen some (or a lot!) of water as there was a big water stain in the carpet that runs most of the length of the hallway into the living area. However, the room was clean and any disappointment was quickly quelled by the hospitality of the staff and the location. Perfectly located for shopping, plenty of variety of eating places located all around and car parking was only a short walk away. Only one other little quirk I noted, our discounted room rate included only 3 cleans instead of 7 (we stayed for a week). I had assumed that 3 cleans would have been spread out across the 7 days (ie with a day in between). However, this was not the case and we had the 3 cleans all done in the first few days and then none for the rest of the stay. Overall, I would have no hesitation in recommending this property to others - but maybe just ask about the timing of the cleaning services if you get the discounted rate like we did with the reduced services.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate the time you took to complete this. I apologise for the confusion in regard to the number of housekeeping visits you received during your stay. We are currently updating our reporting system and there must have been some confusion, I apologise for the inconvenience that this caused you. When a guest books our 7 night stay/package they are supposed to receive 3 full services over those 7 days with two full linen changes over that stay as well. I will discuss this further with our housekeeping team to make sure that this does not occur again. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Quest on Bourke in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The staff here were so enthusiastic and helpful from check in to check out - even lending us umbrellas for that unpredicatable Melbourne weather!
Unfortunately after our enthusiastic check in we were greeted with a less than enthusiastic lift - it was out of order!
Which meant hauling ourselves up six floors of stairs to get to our apartment as they had no idea how long the maintenance people would be.
The apartment, while reasonably furnished was in need of a spruce up.
It was quite obvious the mould in the shower recess had not been attacked for quite some time!
And that unpredictable Melbourne weather also meant a rainstorm that night had left a puddle on my bedroom floor - the window was actually completely closed - go figure...
This place isn't a leaky country shack - it's a central city serviced apartment building!
Other than that, if those factors were addressed, a great location to stay and again, really friendly, helpful staff.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Melbourne is a great city and I loved my time there. The accommodation at Quest was terrific. We were so close to all the main places we wanted to visit and I had no trouble with any part of the booking. The service was great, even when changing a room there was no hassle. The location is perfect and the rooms were spacious and clean. I dont think you can ask for much more. All in all a great experience including the Quest apartment. Thanks

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
VW25, General Manager at Quest on Bourke, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate you taking the time to respond to Tripadvisor. We certainly hope to see you again at Quest on Bourke.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My daughter and I spent 4 nights at The Quest on Bourke to celebrate a special birthday.
Vanessa, Clara and the team made us very welcome and were always volunteering to help make the stay as pleasurable as posssible.
The room was very quiet, the bed extremely comfortable and the kitchen very adequate.
The only minor issue was the shower over the bath was a little difficult for small people to get in and out of. Other than that, a big THANKS for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were allocated a great room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
VW25, General Manager at Quest on Bourke, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for much for your lovely feedback - I will happily run up the stairs to show Clara and the team - I know it will make their day! We love welcoming valued guests to Quest on Bourke and I am very, very happy that we made your stay so enjoyable. I also appreciate your comments in regard to the shower access. Thank you again and we look forward to the next birthday celebrations in Melbourne!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The entrance and lobby to Quest on Bourke is not promising and at first glance the property seems a little dated - but the size of the apartments makes up for this. They are decorated in a fairly modern style and are very big compared to a hotel room. Bathrooms again are a little dated with a shower over a spa bath, but they are huge and feature nice touches like marble vanity tops. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are very quiet - yet you are just a few steps from central Melbourne. I have always found the front office staff to be friendly and helpful. As always, free internet would be a bonus but you can buy on a "time only basis" so $13 for 2 hours is enough to log on and download emails then log off again. The elevator is slow and an example of where this property shows its age a little, but if you can get a good deal and want a bit of space then I can recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
VW25, General Manager at Quest on Bourke, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback in regard to the property we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate all of your comments and especially enjoy the opportunity to pass onto the front office team your positive comments.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed overnight in a 2 bedroom apartment and it was lovely. The rooms were really spacious, clean and stylish, and overlooked Etihad Stadium, which was where we were attending a concert. It only took seconds to walk to the main gate! We didn't have to worry about transport or anything! It's amazing how quiet the rooms were though. We didn't hear any noise from the venue at all! When we first arrived (8.00am), the lovely reception staff looked after our bags for us, so we didn't have to drag them around town. The reception staff were really friendly and welcoming, and seemed honestly pleased that we were staying there. We had the best time, and the Quest - Docklands is now the only place I would stay when in Melbourne. I have already recommend your hotel to family and friends! Thanks again for making our trip wonderful!

Room Tip: The 8th floor on the Etihad Stadium side overlook the entry gates, so you can see when the queue is...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family