“a big thanks”

Ranked #108 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
“a big thanks”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My daughter and I spent 4 nights at The Quest on Bourke to celebrate a special birthday.
Vanessa, Clara and the team made us very welcome and were always volunteering to help make the stay as pleasurable as posssible.
The room was very quiet, the bed extremely comfortable and the kitchen very adequate.
The only minor issue was the shower over the bath was a little difficult for small people to get in and out of. Other than that, a big THANKS for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were allocated a great room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
VW25, General Manager at Quest on Bourke, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for much for your lovely feedback - I will happily run up the stairs to show Clara and the team - I know it will make their day! We love welcoming valued guests to Quest on Bourke and I am very, very happy that we made your stay so enjoyable. I also appreciate your comments in regard to the shower access. Thank you again and we look forward to the next birthday celebrations in Melbourne!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The entrance and lobby to Quest on Bourke is not promising and at first glance the property seems a little dated - but the size of the apartments makes up for this. They are decorated in a fairly modern style and are very big compared to a hotel room. Bathrooms again are a little dated with a shower over a spa bath, but they are huge and feature nice touches like marble vanity tops. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are very quiet - yet you are just a few steps from central Melbourne. I have always found the front office staff to be friendly and helpful. As always, free internet would be a bonus but you can buy on a "time only basis" so $13 for 2 hours is enough to log on and download emails then log off again. The elevator is slow and an example of where this property shows its age a little, but if you can get a good deal and want a bit of space then I can recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
VW25, General Manager at Quest on Bourke, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback in regard to the property we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate all of your comments and especially enjoy the opportunity to pass onto the front office team your positive comments.
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed overnight in a 2 bedroom apartment and it was lovely. The rooms were really spacious, clean and stylish, and overlooked Etihad Stadium, which was where we were attending a concert. It only took seconds to walk to the main gate! We didn't have to worry about transport or anything! It's amazing how quiet the rooms were though. We didn't hear any noise from the venue at all! When we first arrived (8.00am), the lovely reception staff looked after our bags for us, so we didn't have to drag them around town. The reception staff were really friendly and welcoming, and seemed honestly pleased that we were staying there. We had the best time, and the Quest - Docklands is now the only place I would stay when in Melbourne. I have already recommend your hotel to family and friends! Thanks again for making our trip wonderful!

Room Tip: The 8th floor on the Etihad Stadium side overlook the entry gates, so you can see when the queue is...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed two nights in an executive apartment. It was clean, comfortable and quiet, considering it is in the CBD. The apartment was spacious and definitely better than a tiny hotel room for the same price elsewhere. The Reception staff were vey friendly and helpful. The lift is a bit old and rickety and takes forever to open and close. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark S
VW25, General Manager at Quest on Bourke, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you Mark S for your feedback, it is a pleasure to be able to pass your positive comments onto our reception and housekeeping staff. I agree it is always more comfortable with more room to move about when you are staying for a few nights, so I also appreciate your comments in regard to that. Your comments in regard to the lift taking so long for the doors to close, we have had them reconfigured so they do take longer as we found this assisted with some extra time for guests and our housekeeping staff with trolleys etc. Just a little tweak we have made, I am sorry if the additional time was frustrating for you. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The reception team where very friendly and helpful, the beds were comfortable to sleep in but the shower in the bathroom is very small, I am only 5 foot and I found there was hardly any room to move and we felt the bathroom could do with a refit. The position of the hotel is terrific, I was travelling with my mother who is 80 and has some trouble walking and just outside the front door of the Quest was a tram stop.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ourfreddie
VW25, General Manager at Quest on Bourke, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, it is always great to be able to pass on positive feedback to our reception and housekeeping team. I will also bear in mind your feedback in regard to the bathroom and shower as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Williams, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

three of us stayed here in feb 12 for 4 nights. it was a good location as we were going to the read gift fare. The rooms were tidy and clean and a nice kitchen and little lounge, but really nothing wow. not that we were after wow as it was a work trip/ I would stay there again if the occasion arose but not really for a holiday.

Room Tip: we had a 2 bedroom apartment and it suited us down to a tee.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
VW25, General Manager at Quest on Bourke, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you took to complete the information. I am happy that we provided you with accommodation that met your needs for your trip to Melbourne. We pride ourselves on our service, location and the relationships we build with our valued guests. Please feel free to contact me should you wish to book again in the future, I would be more than happy to assist you.
Kind regards,
Vanessa Warnock
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed there from 15 to 18 December 2012. Had parents and my son of 18 months along. To our standard, it was accessible and convenient. The hotel staff were very helpful and responsive. The location was great. Nothing to complain about. It was definitely a positive experience for my whole family, including my son.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
VW25, General Manager at Quest on Bourke, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We endeavour to have everyone enjoy their stay with us at Quest on Bourke so they consider returning to us again and again! We love welcoming back our valued guests and I also welcome the opportunity to pass onto the staff your positive comments. Thank you so much for your feedback from the whole team at Quest on Bourke.