Quest on Bourke
$199
$183
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$208
$93
Radisson
The Westin Melbourne(Melbourne)
$195
$175
Westin.com
  • Pool
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
$90
$240
$210
$147
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$179
$104
  • Room Service
$252
$162
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$182
$143
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationtram stopspa bathbedroom apartmenta bit tiredkitchen facilitieswasher dryercentral locationwould stay againbusiness tripliving areaair conditioningstayed for nightsreception staffcar parkinggood sizethe heart of the city
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Good value for money, but Quest on Bourke is in a very old building and the rooms are small and not well laid out. It was also cold in the evenings and heating didn’t work well. Water pressure was low and it took 3-5mins to get any hot water out of the shower.

Carparking was close but still not directly linked to the hotel either and there is no proper dropoff zone at the front either.

No onsite resturant but plenty nice places nearby.

On the plus side, staff were very friendly and helpful. Linen was excellent and beds were comfortable.

Overall I would only recommend it for business travelers working nearby that would not use the carpark frequently.

Room Tip: If you must stay here ask for a corner room on a higher floor for more light.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Giuseppe C
VW25, Manager at Quest on Bourke, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Firsty thank you for your review.
It is unfortunate that you did not advise us of the issues with the air conditioning or the hot water during your stay, we would have explored the option of moving you to another apartment or attended to the maintenance issues promptly.
In regard to the layout of the apartments, this is the first communication I have had with your feedback, normally our guests enjoy the space and are very comfortable. If there was a request once again for a different style or space requirement, we may have been able to come up with another option for you - we have several style apartments and on various floors, some do have differing floor plans.
In regard to the car parking, we have worked with several nearby and the Secure Car Parking is the most secure that we have found and it actually is physically the closest to our building, there are no other options to offer our guests unfortunately. I apologise for the inconvenience that the distance caused to you and the fact that there is no stopping zone outside our door, but nearby between the carpark and the property itself.
I hope that you give us the opportunity to revisit these issues should you chose to stay with us again in the future - we would welcome the opportunity to replace your experiences with more positive ones as I believe we would certainly been able to improve given the opportunity to address your concerns. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I travel to Melbourne every other month and stay here on each occasion. It's central to everything I need and has all the transport options you could possibly need right at the front door.

My only gripes:
~I normally stay on a higher floor but on this occasion I was on level one in an apartment facing Bourke St. Being a light sleeper, I found the noise a little uncomfortable. On the higher levels, I've never had an issue.
~The rooms are starting to need a bit of a face lift. The walls could use a lick of paint and the carpet/furniture a bit of a steam clean.

The apartment certainly served its purpose for me on this trip, and every other trip I've made where I've stayed here. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the executive room, the spa is great!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank GF2183
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We spent 10 nights here in April and found it to be a very good place to stay, and good value for money. The location is central to shopes, theatres, and restaraunts, and close to trams. The staff are really friendly and helpful and made our stay very comfortable. The rooms are large and comfortable and the bathroom was clean and large, too, with a spa (which we didn't try out).
On the downside, there was a gloomy view of buildings from our room, and the room was a bit dark. One night there was a party on our floor and it was very noisy - we had hardly any sleep. Cleaning isn't done on Sundays or Public Holidays, and the cleaners forgot us one day so we then had 2 days without the room being cleaned...oh, and we had a washing machine by no dryer in our apartment, but you can ask for a clothes rack from the front desk staff.
These are fairly minor quibbles, though, considering the price and the location are so good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DarrenRu
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Never stayed in this type of accommodation before but I was pleasantily surprised. The staff were amazing. I had a one bedroom suite which was perfect with views of the stadium from the balcony. Plenty of restaurants nearby or stayed in some nights and cooked in my kitchen! Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Great internet coverage. Fantastic concierge limo service from Colin. Would definately recommend and stay again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Nice an big good location, reception was not the most efficient. I have stayed in other hotels in Melbourne which are cheaper and good rooms and better reception.

Room Tip: self contained apartments for those who want to cook do washing etc got most things you could want.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple