I stayed here for 3 nights in June 2013 and was delighted that I had landed a special deal for $109 for a whole apartment complete with well-equipped kitchen (stove, sink, oven, pots, pans, microwave, large bar fridge, etc;), living room, open dining area, huge bathroom with bath and comfy, spacious bedroom with comfy bed and everything was very clean. I especially liked the fact that the curtains shut out the light so I could sleep. I also had a handy washing machine and dryer in the hallway outside. Nice view of the Melbourne CBD. The location is great - just about 5 minutes' walk along tree-lined streets to the CBD's Spring and Flinders St. Trams are just 1 block away and are frequent. Nice quiet neighbourhood. And the staff were all helpful and courteous.
The slight downside is that the furniture did seem in want of maintenance. Stains on the couch, the chain lock next to the door was partially wrenched off the wall (I had notified the front desk on day 1 but by day 3 the lock still was not yet fixed) and the microwave oven's faceplate was bent. Furthermore, the left-hand elevator had a temporary glitch (which, the staff promptly attended to fixing). However, everything else did function well. The other downside is that the phone was in the bedroom and since there wasn't a desk, I had to perch my laptop on the bedside table to use the phone and my PC simultaneously. An in-room safe would have been nice, too.
But aside from the above-mentioned glitches, the apartment was quiet, the bed very comfortable, the staff were great and the location was good too. I would stay there again, particularly at that low price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne offers the ultimate in flexibility in a CBD hotel with studio and one bedroom apartments that can interconnect to provide comfortable two bedroom accommodation. Services include 24-hour reception, room service, babysitting, daily room servicing and foreign currency exchange, outdoor heated swimming pool, fully equipped gymnasium and and on-site restaurant. Mantra on Jolimont is located close to some of the city's major sporting, entertainment and tourist attractions, The MCG, Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne Park and the Fitzroy Gardens are on the hotel's doorstep while Federation Square, National Art Gallery, World Trade Centre and Crown Casino are also within easy reach. **Extremely limited car parking is available on site at Mantra on Jolimont at a cost of $25 per vehicle, per day. Your car may be moved to an off-site location when parking with us. Alternative self-parking options are available within a 10 minute walk from the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on Jolimont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On Jolimont Hotel Melbourne
- Mantra On Jolimont East Melbourne