We stayed in a two bedroom apartment for a second time at the Mantra on Jolimont.
The rooms were a good size and contained everything we wanted, but the decor and the fittings are tired and the bathrooms need a scrub. There was a note indicating that the place is being refurbished - I look forward to this being completed because apart it is a really nice place to stay. The apartments are far enough out of the city to feel a bit quiet and calmer but still an easy walk (or tram ride) wherever you may want to go.
If you are booking a two bedroom apartment, be aware that it is a one bedroom apartment (with lounge and kitchen) as well as a studio room. The one bedroom apartment and studio share a small entry with a laundry. This is great if you are travelling with a friend/s and want your privacy. The only problem is that you have to be careful not to lock yourself out of one of the rooms because the very heavy doors are too much for the flimsy door stops provided. I had to go down to get a spare key twice!
The staff were friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne offers the ultimate in flexibility in a CBD hotel with studio and one bedroom apartments that can interconnect to provide comfortable two bedroom accommodation. Services include 24-hour reception, room service, babysitting, daily room servicing and foreign currency exchange, outdoor heated swimming pool, fully equipped gymnasium and and on-site restaurant. Mantra on Jolimont is located close to some of the city's major sporting, entertainment and tourist attractions, The MCG, Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne Park and the Fitzroy Gardens are on the hotel's doorstep while Federation Square, National Art Gallery, World Trade Centre and Crown Casino are also within easy reach. **Extremely limited car parking is available on site at Mantra on Jolimont at a cost of $25 per vehicle, per day. Your car may be moved to an off-site location when parking with us. Alternative self-parking options are available within a 10 minute walk from the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on Jolimont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On Jolimont Hotel Melbourne
- Mantra On Jolimont East Melbourne