“Close enough to city at great price/accom”

Knightsbridge Apartments
Ranked #156 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Hobart
“Close enough to city at great price/accom”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Wanted something reasonably priced and was very happy with size of room , did not disappoint about ten mins absolute max to city centre. Clean and spacious and very quiet :) highly recommended to all travellers

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Booked 5 nights didnt stay 1
What a dump my daughters roll away bed $20 per night was a Ripped,Stained smelly base of a bed with a donna as a mattress.When I complained to the manager it started a 2hr refund discussion.he could not see a problem and asked why I had stripped the bed.Half this discussion was in chinesse as he was on the phone to the owner.The 2 seats I had removed from the room were stained with god knows what.There is mold all over the bathroom the toilet seat had been bleeched that many times it had bubbles of plastic dripping off it.I have reported this place to Vic Health.This is the sort of place you see in the movies that rent rooms by the hour.As I was packing our stuff back in to the car Out of the shaddows came to Asian men asking me "why you cause trouble" I rand the Police and the police attended.Dont stay there my dog house is cleaner than that it is Hell hole unless you like taking chances with your health.The lady at check in was nice

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lee T

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 6, 2013

staying here would have to rate as my worst hotel experience to date. The room was not clean, the shower had little to no hot water and the noise from guests and the street was unbelievable. The first night was a shocker - zero sleep. they then kindly moved us to a back room and the following night was even worse - with guests one floor down partying and smoking all night. With no night duty manager we had no recourse.
reason why it was so noisy - the windows have an opening at the top that lets all sound in - rocket scientist who deigned that one.
The rooms were not clean and the microwaves still had food still in them - nice.
Put simply while the location is good the place needs a lot of attention - with 3 more nights booked i left and stayed at the Best Western (which was perfect) - would i stay at Knightsbridge again - not on your life

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank dicky69
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I booked this venue through a third party booking agent and things had gone smoothly, having received my booking confirmation for 4 rooms. I came down to Melbourne with my family (7 members in all) for my mother's 60th birthday, with my 85 year old grandmother in tow, when we went to check in. I went to the front desk and said I wanted to check in, giving my name. I was greeted by a sour woman who said "I don't THINK so". She went on to say she had no booking for me and that they were fully booked out. I handed over my booking confirmation to show my information but she actually ignored me to tend to another guest who wanted to store luggage. A few minutes later, she gave me back my paper work and went to her computer to "look" for a booking reference. She proceeded to tell me how they haven't had a booking from this third party booking agent since 2012, as though it was relevant. I asked if there was anyway she could help us find alternative accommodation to which she quickly replied "NO! You have to contact the booking agent". She basically pushed us out into the rainy, cold Melbourne weather with little care for our well being. I understand that errors occur but as a customer, I should NOT have to be treated as though I am at fault when clearly I am not. There was no duty of care for our well being what do ever. Thank god for the third party booking agent who handled our relocation very professionally. Shame on you Knightsbride...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Niccabrennan
Melb
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The location was perfect (proximity to Rod Laver) but the room's facilities were unsatisfactory. Dirty toaster and kettle, fridge needed defrosting (couldn't open freezer), bath chipped and broken, 1/2 a toilet roll, only one face-washer, dirty sponge and dishes were not cleaned well. Couldn't use the DVD player in the T.V. Room had a bad odour upon arrival - had to open all windows. Room just felt dirty.
Website is not a true reflection of the standard of accommodation. 'Luxury' is not an appropriate adjective nor is stating that they have 'designer furnitures and sophistication interior stylings'. Should not deceive clients - $100 is still $100 and deserving of a decent clean room.

Room Tip: It looks like they do have some nicer rooms - my friend stayed in the bottom floor (n.o. 2) and it l...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chris S
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel seems to get awful reviews, but I found it just fine. The room accommodation is basic, but it was clean and functional. We had 2 single beds, and the room included a small kitchen area and flat screen TV. The reception staff were fine, but Sue in particular, was very pleasant and helpful. The location is superb, being easy walking to the MCG and the CBD, and very close to great cafes and the tram line.
It would not be my choice for a romantic weekend away! But we were 2 blokes in town for the Lions rugby, and it provided clean, reasonably priced accommodation in a great location!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Geelong
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels, and the service here was terrible. It was the rudeness, when confirming time of closing, and not getting back to me before they close. Was sorted when I ran back before closing. Room was clean but very old, stains on day chairs, mould in shower, decor very outdated. Then the rudeness the next morning when knowone was @ the front desk message sign saying back in 15 minutes, i politely when she walked passed asked if i could check out, she said she had to check another room, then i went into my room to waited, still unsure if to come out, I then came out and she did not lift up the roller door & i had to check out to no face on the otherside with the key & credit card under the roller door, she did say that I had already paid. I definately Won't be going back there.

• Stayed June 2013