“Perfect, worth the drive!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel

The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #19 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Traralgon, Australia
“Perfect, worth the drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

My partner and I are having a one night stay here for our anniversary. We often come down from gippsland for small get aways, having 4 very young children we can't go too far! This is our first stay at como and I can say I am in love! Staff at reception were amazing and with a complimentary upgrade well let's just say I am sold. I fell onto the bed and literally wanted it to swallow me whole!

They may have to get me forcibly removed in the morning ;)
Keep up the great work como!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComoMel, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Caseyann1990
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and by the sounds of it, a little sleep in!

Thank you for choosing to share your anniversary with us, I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

The Como Melbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel is really lovely and I would highly recommend it. We stayed here for two nights but I will definitely be back.
We had a very early flight from Perth into Melbourne so got to the hotel about 9am, they were happy to look after our cases and said they'd have a room ready as soon as possible.
Me and my two daughters decided we'd go and get some breakfast in Chapel st. There are so many shops and restaurants within walking distance and no sooner had we finished breakfast, we had a call to say our room was ready. It was great, we were able to get in, freshen up and then go off shopping and it was still nice and early.
The reception looks beautiful and modern and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We were so happy with our room, we had 3 of us in there so they brought in an extra bed but it still had loads of room as it was so big. The beds are really comfortable, even the one they brought in. The bathroom is beautiful and everything was extremely clean which is something I always stress about, as I'm a clean freak!
I love this spot, Chapel St shopping is on your door step, there's a 7/11 a few minutes away if you need anything, and the station is only a short walk away meaning you can easily get into the city in no time. There is also a tram stop close by and a cinema a minutes walk away.
We didn't use the pool, gym or sauna but the pool was lovely and warm and the day beds looked very comfortable. The gym is small but more than adequate and once again all very clean.
If I was pushed to say anything negative it would only be very small things and easily rectified I am sure. There were 3 of us in the room so it would have been great to have an extra coffee cup and maybe bowl/plate brought In so that we could all have a coffee together instead of having to quickly wash it up and then the next person have one. Also there was no plug in the kitchen area so washing up was impossible without borrowing the one from the bathroom. As I say these are so minor and I'm absolutely sure if I'd have asked, then it would have been rectified immediately but as we were only there for a very short time I didn't bother mentioning it.
I look forward to coming back again soon, thank you very much for helping make a trip to Melbourne a great one!

1 Thank Monique140968
Dear Monique140968
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so thrilled to read that you and your daughters enjoyed your time with us and all South Yarra has to offer – we love our location too!

Thank you also for the feedback in regards to additional crockery items for the third person – a great observations and one that we will certainly be actioning in the future.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Gosford, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

With our recent trip to Melbourne we decided to stay on the outskirts of the city for a change. The hotel is situated in a great location close to bars, restaurants and boutique shops. The room was a good size with modern decor. The staff were very friendly. Will be back again to this one!

Room Tip: We personally don't care about views and prefer rooms that have view over a centre courtyard whi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Twoboys12
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so thrilled to read that you both enjoyed your time with us and all South Yarra has to offer – we love our location too!

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Bowral, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed at the Como for 6 nights for the first week of the Australian Open tennis in 2014.
The hotel is conveniently located around 10 mins walking / bus to Melbourne Park (tennis).
Having stayed at the Como a number of years ago we had a fair idea of what to expect and were not disappointed by our "open plan spa suite" which was huge. A sanctuary to return to in what was a record of over 100 years heatwave for Melbourne with temps up to 44C for 4 days in a row, was a relief. Suite 401 was also extremely quiet with only the sound of air con slightly disturbing the silence (not excessively).
The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the hotel whilst being a 5 star is quite laid back, which we both enjoy.
A couple of slight negatives: The house keeping left a little to be desired. We found an empty water bottle under the curtains on arrival and the daily clean seemed to be a little perfunctory.
I don't think the bathroom floor was mopped or the vanity wiped during our stay.
The other negative which the staff have little control over is that due to the semi open nature of the pool (sliding roof) the water temperature was more like that of a bath. That's probably nice in winter but when its 44 degrees, it would be nice to swim in a pool which provides a little bit of relief from the heat. I did notice that the roof was kept open all the time. Does it not keep it cooler if you close the roof in extreme heat?
All in all the Como is a lovely place to stay. It provides easy access to all of inner Melbourne via public transport. South Yarra / Prahran / Toorak area itself is really nice with lots of dining and shopping opportunities.

Room Tip: 401 was really quiet and spacious
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GuitarmanBowral
ComoMel, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear GuitarmanBowral
Many thanks for taking the time the post this review. I am so glad you both enjoyed your time with us, and that there was some relief for you from all that heat over the Tennis Open!

I am so sorry though that the housekeeping missed the mark but appreciate your comments that we can now continue to improve and focus on.

In regards to the pool – I really appreciate your valid feedback on this. If we were to not open the pool roof unfortunately it would become like a sauna, which we felt would be even more uncomfortable. I have taken your comments on board in regards to the temperature of the water, and am looking at how we can better regulate in such extreme heat.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Hotel was a very nice environment to get away for a day and relax. However there should be a better respect to check-in times and check-out times. You should consider giving patrons a full 24 hours.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Brian V

Thank you for your review, your feedback is invaluable and allows us to review the services we offer to our guests.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Good value for money, friendly competent service, stayed just the one night and as an accor member was acknowleged and offered complimentary drink in the bar. Nothing was too much trouble, would stay again and if space is important this is a winner. Had a one bedroom suite and it was perfect for 2 adults and one child. They made up a roll away bed and it fit into the bedroom so we could close off the room, put our child to bed and stay up and watch a movie in the lounge room. Small pool, needs some attention and it was not well serviced, we went up for a swim and a family had been there and there were towels and newspaper everywhere. Good sauna, no spa. Had breakfast, good selection and liked that you could order something off the menu too. Would be a good choice for a long stay as kitchen was well equiped, supermarket close by and lot's of great shops, cafes and restaurants.

Dear Mytime Sydney

Thank you for your review, we are so glad you were comfortable staying with us.

I appreciate your comments on the pool area and this is something we are working on at the moment.