“Delightful 6.5 hour experience”

The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #21 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
San Diego
“Delightful 6.5 hour experience”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

That's correct. I checked in at 1230am and checked out at 7am. My flight into Melbourne was delayed, so I was bleary eyed upon arrival. But the gentleman at reception was quite accommodating. I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen albeit quite unnecessary since I had to depart at 7am. The decor is fashion forward, and the rooms are well kept. The continental breakfast was OK, and I've had better at other business hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed at the Como last week, largely chose on the basis of TripAdvisor ratings. The studio apartment was surprisingly spacious, with a bathroom that my daughter would describe as "lush"! The beds are some of the best of slept on, the setting is perfect for South Yarra, Toorak and Chapel Street and a short walk from the tram stop and South Yarra station if one wishes to travel into the city. Nice if smallish pool and sun terrace, but that said I had it and the gym to myself throughout the four days I was there. One minor complaint, only one internet station/PC (I left my laptop at home).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hobart
Reviewed November 21, 2013

There were lots of great things about our two night stay at The Como, we arrived around 1pm and were checked in by a lovely lady but I forgot to note her name, our studio room was clean and bright with a view of Chapel Street, I was worried it might be noisy with the traffic and the renovations but it was very quiet. I loved everything about the bathroom, the big bath, the cute duck to take home, the comfy bathrobes, lots of towels provided and the beautiful smelling toiletries. The bed was large and comfortable and the quiet room and thick curtains made it easy to sleep in.
The fridge was not very cold and had a bit of a funny smell. I liked that you were provided with a toaster so if we had ordered room service breakfast we could have toasted the bread ourselves, there's nothing I hate more than cold soggy toast! We weren't sure where to plug the kettle in and I ended up climbing under the desk to find a power point and I was a bit disappointed in the instant coffee provided.
We usually stay in the CBD but this location is fantastic with trams and trains close by as well as lots of shops and restaurants. Because there were so many options close by we didn't use the bar or the restaurant. We did use the pool which was nice but it was a bit of a trek to get there up to the 6th floor in the lift, along some corridors up a flight of stairs and through the gym. Upon checkout the lady asked our room number, if we used anything from the mini bar and said all right that's all done then, she didn't ask if we enjoyed our stay, where we were off to etc, which after the warm welcome we got was a bit of a let down.
Overall a very nice stay with a few small things that stopped it from being amazing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple