“Modern room, great toiletries and very clean”

The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #22 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed here 1 night in August 2013 for a work trip. It was a clean, modern hotel. I found my room very clean and modern with great toiletries. The only one thing that I was concerned with was the bathroom electrical plug that was damaged and they tried to cover it with a label. I attempted to plug my hair dryer in but I did not as the electrical outlet was falling out of the wall. This was the only thing that I found disappointing about my stay here. I did mention this to the receptionist when I checked out in the morning and she advised that she would put it on the maintenance list immediately and that someone would look into it. The receptionist was genuinely concerned in my opinion so I had faith that it would be fixed. The service was excellent from the staff, they arranged for a taxi immediately so I was on my way to my business breakfast straight away. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Melbourne that wants to experience the Chapel Street shopping strip. I wish I had of stayed longer to be able to walk along Chapel Street and enjoy the shopping and dining. One last thing.. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have slept in. Its not your typical hard hotel room bed, it was actually super comfy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel

An Accor traveler

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here in July for 5 nights.
Our request when booking was for a twin bedded room with a kitchenette!
The check in was great, very friendly staff & were duly given a very nice sized 1 bed room apartment on the top floor. This was perfect - enough space to spread out.

The kitchen utensils were very basic, obviously they are not keen on guests cooking, however we managed with what was available. The tea bag & coffee refills were somewhat limited with the daily supply.

The bathroom facilities were great although we did report the shower head required some attention. Black tiles on bathroom floors require cleaning every day & this was not the case.

We felt the room could have had more attention to daily cleaning & after the third day I had to ask for the sheets to be changed on our beds. This is really not good enough.
The apartment was quiet - the Como is well located, handy to fabulous shopping & the Como Center could not be any closer.

Yes the water feature in the main foyer was off putting with a stale smell of water, almost smells like it leaking!

Also with the lack of a lift near reception the staff were excellent at attending to bags up & down the stairs (about 6).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Overpriced.paid for location. Musty smelling foyer from water features which seemed to transfer to tap water. Tea bags were not replenished after room clean and no extra bottled water available except from mini-bar.
Staff were friendly but price was excessive for what was offered.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Staying in Melbourne this, time, my wife and I opted to stay out of the CBD at the
Como Hotel. What a great choice, loved walking along Chapel St and embracing the atmosphere of South Yarra and Prahran. Great shopping, good food and 10 minutes to the CBD to see a show.
Staff at the Como were most attentive; room was great and the bed to die for more! Could not ask for more!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013

A very stylish hotel. From the excellent front desk staff to our spacious room, it couldn't have been better. The perfect bed had us sleeping in later than expected, which isn't a bad thing on a holiday I guess. And the position is great, on Chapel St with plenty of boutiques and cafes so close. The only thing we weren't that impressed with was the breakfast. Not that it was bad or anything, just a more limited and conservative selection than we are used to, but with dozens of awesome cafes serving stunning food just a few steps away I would recommend braving the cold and wind and whatever else Melbourne weather throws at you and going on a brekky adventure.

Room Tip: The open plan suites are huge.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family