“Girls Weekend”

Ranked #20 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Wodonga, Australia
“Girls Weekend”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We spent 2 nights with the Como Melbourne in a one bedroom suite on a girls weekend away. It was lovely! From the moment you step through the doors, the look, the smell, the location all amaze you! The staff were quite reserved but helpful. We especially wanted to make mention of Maya who took the time to show us a couple of the penthouse suites and Fiona on the front desk was also lovely. Bukidah on night shift was a real character as well and welcomed a late night chat on our way in from the bar. The renovations are absolutely beautiful and the room is first class all the way.
The location is perfect, being at one end of chapel street where you can walk down being instantly amongst the shops, cafes and bars. The city and St Kilda are all a hop skip and jump aswell where the options are endless.
All in all, we had a great time and would definatley choose to stay here each and every time we come to Melbourne. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed in a newly refurbished room and were given a free upgrade on arrival to an open plan room. The decor was beautiful... tasteful and modern with touches of luxury. the bathroom was beautiful with a large deep 2 person spa, a spacious shower and stone tiles. We had a great nights sleep and room service was delicious. Staff were very friendly and approachable. The only criticism i had were that the toiletries were cheap and nasty (they emailed me in response to my feedback surge to advise they have since upgraded these)... But I would definitely recommend this hotel very highly and would stay here again in a flash!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Meeka O
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We could not have hoped for a more relaxing and lovely stay. We chose the Romantic Duckaway escape and it did not disappoint. Lovely chilled sparkling on arrival, chocolate ducks and when they found out we were celebrating our anniversary they delivered a card and rocky road to our room (thank you Cleo). The breakfast was lovely with wait staff happy to fulfill all requests and have a laugh as well. Relaxing and quiet room with beautiful toiletries. Looking forward to another reason to visit.

• Stayed September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight on the weekend at the Como and I can't beleive as a Melbournian that it has taken me this long to find this gem. On offer are all the expected 5 star facilities and services, but the unexpected was the charming aspects that Como as a smaller hotel provides that perhaps the larger hotels can't. The decor has a very distinct Art Deco feel with quality materials and finishes giving a sophisticated feel. We were upgraded from a studio room to an open plan suite - which was a large room with separate living area and enormous marble bathroom including a spa bath. The location is ideal, being right on one of Melbourne's premier shopping strips and a step outside to the tram or 5 min walk to the train station meaning you can easily get around without a car. We found the rooms to be very soundproof and didnt hear other guests or the nearby trams or traffic. Staff were polite and discreet in thier service from check in to room service. Breakfast is in a lovely space with natural light and good quality tablewear. The buffet food was better quality than most I have experienced and the service and ambience were impecible. Didn't try the So bar on this occasion but will next time.This place just has a lovely personal feel and was a pleasure to visit. We'll be back for another South Yarra weekend escape.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chrissylou62
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The decor of the hotel is well appointed. The staff was very helpful!! The rooms are very modern, clean and comfortable. I had an amazing patio outside my room. I was there on business, so I did not have the opportunity to fully enjoy. The location is excellent. There are excellent restaurants of all types within easy walking distance. The only down-side was that I could hear the people next door talking, sneezing and coughing.

Given all of the factors, I would definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Occasion: I was at The Como earlier this week for business.

The Room: I was in room 307 - a Studio Suite. First impression was that it was HUGE! The photos describe the quality and style of the room perfectly. One whole wall was dedicated to windows overlooking the beautiful courtyard facing away from Chapel St. Very clean, quiet and modern looking - I was rattling around by myself in the room! One thing - the TV doesn't allow you to get the full range of channels (e.g. 7Mate, 11 etc)

Bathroom: Clean and modern. Two things: 1. The toilet didn't flush properly - need to hold the button down longer than usual to ensure everything was gone and 2. I wanted to take a bath in the large, deep tub, but the water was a little too yellow for my liking (could clearly see the difference between the stark white tub and water).

Bed: Huge King sized bed - very soft with wonderful soft pillows. I ran late most mornings due to the fact that I didn't want to leave the bed. Was very tempted to buy their pillows (they offered some - on sale).

Food: The Como serves breakfast (but not lunch of dinner in their dining area - I believe they provide room service). Had the French toast two mornings in a row - delicious and just right though both time it seemed to take a long time to make for french toast (15-20 minutes - but that's just me).

Staff: Helpful and polite - always acknowledged or greeted me with a smile as I passed by to get to the lifts.

Location: About 5 minutes from the train station and great location for shopping.

Overall: Recommended. Great place to stay at - would definitely book again if in the area. (Did not try the Spa)

Room Tip: Try and get a suite/room to the back of the hotel.