“Lovely and Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #18 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Australia
“Lovely and Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

We visit Melbourne quite regularly and thought we stay some where different. We were very impressed. The hotel was well presented and clean, the rooms were roomy, beds were comfortable. It is perfectly situated to shopping, bars and restaurants. The only complaint was the price of parking would be happy to park ourselves for cheaper rate. We were very happy with our stay and would definately consider staying here again on our next stay in Melbourne.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

We stayed at the como on a Wotif booking for three nights - a 5 star in south yarra? 'it must be great!' we were in Melbourne to celebrate my University graduation!!! What better place to celebrate than Melbourne :)

Well on arrival I was very unimpressed when I realized that te reason I could not find the hotel was that it was inside the Network Ten building? Why on earth is my 5 star inside of a crappy commercial TV station?

Anyway, my partner and I Walked in and were greeted by staff who were somewhat approachable and kind. Who then took my credit card and charged $100 for some reason. We then went up to our suite - which looked a lot like my bedroom - it was spacious but old and lacking in charm. It had two nice chairs, a bed and a desk. The bathroom was very strangely laid out with a massive step up to get into the chipped spa bath-shower combo and a door that wouldn't close. There were also multiple cracks in the tiles and the roof. As I'm sure you can tell, this is not your normal five star...

We also found grime in the bath and the pillows were all freyed and covered in lint balls. Two of the towels had red/brown stains on them as well.

We really enjoyed our trip to Melbourne, just not the time spent at the tired and tacky como. Next time I'll be staying at the westin or the sofitel or the metropol. But not here. Think wisely before you stay at network ten HQ because it's a $260 per night dump.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CanberraMD
ComoMel, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Dear CanberraMD,

Congratulations on your graduation. I am dissappointed to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am please to inform you that the hotel will be undergoing a refurbishment in 2012. I hope we can welcome you back after the refurbishment.

Orange, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

This was our first trip to Melbourne and we couldn't have picked a better hotel to stay at. The room was excellent and was quiet even though it is on Chapel St. The service from all the staff from reception, restaurant and the staff at the sobo bar was first class . The bed and pillows were excellent. There are many restaurants and bars close by, and it is only ten minutes by train to the cbd. Chapel St has great shopping but you can can sleep in as the shops don't open till 10 or 11 am . We will be going back to Melbourne often and will stay at the como for sure. Highly recommend

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Martin,

It was a delight to read your comments regarding your stay. I hope you will make The Como Melbourne your home away from home when you travel to Melbourne. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Regards
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in november. It was my first time here, but I travel to Melbourne frequently.
The disappointment started when we were told that we would have to change rooms the following day as, unless I upgraded for $40per night, there was no room available for both nights.
I also paid $35per night for valet parking, and specifically asked for my car to be parked in the more secure hotel parking underground. I was assured this would happen. The next morning I woke to see my car parked at the very front of the hotel next to the footpath. Very disappointing!
The upgraded room was lovely, except most of the light switches/lights did not work properly. They needed to be turned on and off a number of times before a light would work
The shower in the bathroom left bruises on my girlfriends back because the water pressure was too high!
The bed was perfect though. Very comfortable, and the most amazing pillows I've ever slept on! We ordered some room service, and movies - expensive, but very good.
Anyway, we had booked 4 nights, but my mother went into hospital in a critical condition after a hit and run car incident, and we had to leave after the second night. We left before checkout time and I spoke to the hotel staff, and wotif.com where I booked originally. Wotif.com contacted the hotel to see if they could refund me any part of my stay - spoke to the manager, Anthony, who said no! I spent a lot of money in the hotel, and had a legitimate reason for needing to leave. They then gave me the keys to my car and told me where to find it, in that same spot out the front of the hotel. So much for the valet service i paid for!
I didn't expect a full refund, or really any, but felt that the staff could be better.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I am disappointed to read of your comments regarding your stay at The Como Melbourne. I hope that your mother is on the road to recovery. Please contact me when you next travel so I can arrange your stay for you. I hope you will allow us the oportunity to show you this is not the usual standard at our hotel.

sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is my third time visiting the wonderful Como. From check in to check out you are made to feel right at home. The rooms are beautiful. The hotel is so quiet even though its in the middle of Chapel St. The service is fantastic. I loved my stay.
The gym and pool area are also nice.
Highly recommend this wonderful hotel

Room Tip: I like the open plan suites
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Kody,

Thank you for your feedback on the Como Melbourne. I was pleased to hear that our team were able to make you feel right at home. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind Regards
bunbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

This hotel is a gem ! Reasonably Large rooms and a great staff attitude.
10 minutes by cab or tram out of the CBD,but surrounded by some of the best shoping and restaurants in Melbourne. We keep going back.

Room Tip: Courtyard suites are excellent
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a good stay with us. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with our team. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the near future.

kailua-kona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

Hotel Como located in the hip Toorak/Chapel district of Melbourne doesn't miss a bit in terms of guest services, contemporary and comfortable rooms and delicious breakfasts. The gracious staff knows all the not-to-be-missed spots in Melbourne and environs, you can trust them to steer you in the right direction for all the latest and greatest. You can easily spend days exploring the fab shops, galleries, farmers markets and restauarnts in the neighborhood. Tables to book nearby: Pearl and France Soir; just a short tram ride or taxi away: Donovan's in St. Kilda, Botanical and Flower Drum. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at The Como Melbourne. We certainly are lucky to be in such a great location, however can be very dangerous on the wallet.

I hope we can welcome you back when you are next travelling.