“Best location and service”

Quest Southbank Melbourne
Ranked #48 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My visit to Melbourne was easy and fun, staying at Quest Southbank. The apartment had a great view of the city and was modern and comfortable. The location is central to restaurants, theatre and art gallery. It was also convenient to catch the tram to St Kilda and other parts of the city. The staff were friendly and professional and happy to share their local knowledge.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
dnicol, General Manager at Quest Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear DKV19,

Thank you for your review of our property. We strive to offer a great product and fantastic services and I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay here.

We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Quest Southbank Melbourne

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Staff were accommodating and even allowed us to check in early due to our plane arriving at 10am. So they allowed us to check in at 11:00am, three hours before we were supposed to.
We've been away a lot over the last year due to our daughter having a terminal illness, these apartments rated well in comparison to some.
Serviced daily which I wasn't expecting since a lot of places are weekly serviced. We did find the bed a little small I think the main bedroom only had a double which is uncommon. The kitchen had a plunger which was much appreciated as fresh coffee is much preferred by me. The view was not very nice our balcony and all windows looked out onto the building across the street. It was uncomfortable sitting on the balcony watching people in the apartments across. However, the location was great - right behind the arts centre and a short walk across the bridge to Swanston Street.
I wish hotels and apartments had better internet access especially in 2012. The internet was very expensive to connect to. $16 dollars for one day. The room service is provided by an Italian place downstairs at Southbank and they have a list of a few places that will deliver to the apartments. I recommend the Nepalese restaurant they have delivering. We really enjoyed the meal we had there and for our family of five it was under $50.
I do think paying over $300 per night was a little bit too expensive for apartments that were not four/five star.
\

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Natalie S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!

We are 4 ½ star rated and all of our apartments have queen size beds, there are no doubles beds in any of our apartments.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Yes, for the third time in a row I chose Quest Southbank as my preferred hotel in Melbourne. Right from my first stay, I have been extremely happy with the arrangements there. Reception staff is very friendly and always ready to help in any way they can. Room are clean and neatly arranged and has everything one would need especially for a longish stay and where one wants to do some own stuff (like cooking). With that, one can entertain guests and will not find anything wanting even when hosting a few persons for an evening gathering. Only wanting thing would be free internet in rooms which is now standard with almost all hotels in UK/US so not sure why Aussie's are still thinking about it ! But ofcourse one can rely on cost effective 3G dongle from Optus or Telstra. Paid wi-fi in rooms is bit expensive if one has to be there for more than a week/s. But that is hardly a show stopper given alternates one can go for. Overall, great place and great people ! My advice, go for it !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
dnicol, General Manager at Quest Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear sanjay j,

Thank you so much for this glowing review of our property. We work hard to provide a 'home away from home' environment for our long-stay, corporate traveller so it's great to hear you have everything you need whilst enjoying your stay here.

I have taken your comment about the cost of wi-fi onboard, and will ceratinly consider this moving forward. Thank you.

We're so pleased you choose us for your business travel and we hope you will continue to do so.

See you soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I found the hotel very comfortable and clean. Off the main roads but easy to find. The art gallery is next door and south bank restaurants and cages offered plenty of choice. A main railway station is close. Plus it is close to the river and parks for walking/running. Staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012
dnicol, General Manager at Quest Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Hepast,

Thank for your great feedback. We pride ourselves on immaculate apartments and fantastic service so it is always nice to hear. We also think our location is great! Very easy to get anywhere.

We look forward to welcoming you to Quest Southbank again soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at the Quest Southbank with a group of friends (five of us in total) on a Saturday night. We originally booked this place because it offered the option of 4 single beds plus a rollaway bed. But I received a call the day before to say that the bedding configuration would be one queen, 2 singles and a rollaway - and no amount of discussion would change this arrangement. Sleeping issues aside, we found the apartment (once we did manage to find it) quite suitable for our needs. The living area was spacious, the kitchen was large, it had two bathrooms (an essential with five women!) and also had a laundry and balcony. It was handy to have an IGA (with liquor outlet) and a pizza restaurant (which incidentally makes great pizzas) just around the corner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
dnicol, General Manager at Quest Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Lilwend,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

As we do not guarantee bedding requests, we think it's nice to call and let our guests know, so that you know what to expect before you arrive.

We're so glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay. We think our location is great too!

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I would not recommend these apartments. We stayed at the Quest Southbank for 3 nights and I will never stay here again. I travel a lot for business and pleasure and have not experienced a worse hotel during my travels. The bathrooms were unclean, worn out and had terrible water pressure in the showers. The carpet was mouldy and smelt putrid. The beds and pillows were extremely uncomfortable but the worst part was there was no heating in the bedrooms. How can you have a hotel in Melbourne and have no heating! There was no way the heat from the lounge room could have heated the two rooms. To make things worse we had to pay to upgrade to a slightly better suite but this was only marginally better. The staff at the reception had no reaction to our poor experience. There are hundreds of hotels in Melbourne much better than this.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
dnicol, General Manager at Quest Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear A P,

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing a great product to both the business traveller and leisure guest. I have looked at the notes on your booking and can see that the only concern you told Reception about at the time was the heating. I believe my staff were helpful in offering either additional blankets and portable heaters or a payable upgrade to our Executive Apartments which, among other things, have ducted heating – to which you chose the upgrade.

We’re currently in the process of laying new carpet, and we regularly steam clean all apartments on a cyclical basis. I inspected the carpet in the apartment you stayed in and while I did not find it mouldy we have subsequently steam cleaned it since your departure.

It’s a shame we weren’t aware of the other concerns as I know my Front Office Staff do their best to ensure every stay is a positive one.

Regards,

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed at the Quest Apartments with my wife when she was in Melbourne for work. It is a quiet hotel with all the basic amenities. It would be ideal for a family stay or business.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner apartment away from the elevator. Also try and get city views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
dnicol, General Manager at Quest Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear LeylandBrothers,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Regards,