Quest Southbank Melbourne
$204
$175
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$182
$157
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
Hotel Windsor
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
$148
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$132
$91
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$184
$104
  • Room Service
$251
$161
Agoda.com
1,066 results
All reviewsarts centregreat locationhamer hallbedroom apartmentcafe next doorart galleryquiet locationsouth bankstay there againliving areawalking distancecar parkinggreat apartmentthese apartmentseasy walkfull kitchenst kilda road
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Stayed at Quest on Southbank for 3 nights in a two bedroom executive apartment. The location is excellent, quick walking distance to Flinders Street and Southbank. The view facing the city and the yarra was also pretty good. The apartment was a great size and generally i was pretty happy with my stay. I was on level 12 and i did find it a quite noisy with the City Road traffic below, more so in the early morning. I also requested 2 queen beds and there was one queen and then 2 single beds pushed together to make the second queen. I probably wouldn't stay there again at those prices (paid approx $1000) for 3 nights, it just lacked a couple things to make it truly 4 star.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed here because we had a function at crown. We were very surprised. I managed to get quite a value for money deal which included breakfast and believe a late check out too.

The service was great and the rooms were fantastic! For what I paid I will definately recommend and stay again for the next function we have in the city!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed at Quest Southbank for a week in September with three adults and two children in a two bedroom executive apartment. We decided to stay at Quest based on recommendations from friends who have previously spent time there. Check-in was friendly and efficient; the room was modern and very clean with a balcony overlooking parts of the Yarra and the other hotels that look out towards the Melbourne CBD. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms and laundry were fine. Given that it was AFL Grand Final week, we were surprised at how quiet the rooms were (we were on level 12). The stay at Quest Southbank was exactly what we were after; a well-priced, modern, clean apartment that was a short stroll from the MCG, the CBD, Crown and many shops and restaurants. I highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackal11
Reviewed September 4, 2011

These beds are as hard as a rock. You may as well as sleep on the floor. There was only one towel in the bathroom and told had to pay for a second. No late checkouts unless you pax very expensive fee. Surrounding area very sterile. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Skippe
jenmcd75, General Manager at Quest Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Dear Skippe,

I wanted to reply to this review personally as I actually find the majority of your points inaccurate and would like the opportunity to respond. Firstly we replace the mattresses and pillows in the property on an ongoing basis. Obviously we can't please everybody with what kind of mattress they prefer, some people would like soft while others prefer hard mattresses. As it we are an accommodation provider we do take the bedding and pillows as a very serious matter and invest heavily in this. As for paying for an extra towel, I would like for you to be able to provide me with some kind of charge for this on your bill as we do not charge for extra towels - EVER, and I resent the accusation. In a one bedroom apartment we do provide one towel on the towel rail and also one in the bathroom cabinet. I am not sure if you were in a one bedroom or a two bedroom apartment, but there is always one towel per person provided unless we are asked for more. As for your claim for the charge for a late check out, yes we do charge for this - as do most hotels in Melbourne. We offer this option for guests who don't want to pay for an entire night, so I do see it as a saving. We charge $30.00 per hour after 10am, as we do need to keep housekeeping back longer if we have late checkouts, and this costs the business far more than $30.00.
As for your opinion that the surrounding area is sterile, we are 2 minutes walk from Southgate shopping and Restaurants but back one street from City Road so it is very quiet here. Once again, some people prefer it to be quiet so they can sleep and then be able to pop over into the busy, bustling areas in a few minutes. Maybe you would be happier in the middle of the CBD area.

Should you wish to discuss further, please feel free to contact me directly at the property.

Jennifer McDonnell
Quest Southbank

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed with 2 adults and 1 child in a 1 bedroom apartment. The good first - the location at first glance seems a little out of the way but is actually excellent once you get to grips with all of the possible routes down to Southbank or along to St Kilda Road. Our 4 year old managed to walk/scooter everywhere from the apartment. There is a small supermarket very close - just ask reception for its location as it is easy to miss it. The apartment is not huge but perfectly adequate size for three, the kitchen is well equipped and the bathroom had a separate washer and dryer. Shower pressure is quite poor but that has been the case in every Melbourne apartment I have visited. Friendly service although housekeeping a little haphazard in terms of what was replenished. Primary negative points were bed and pillows - hard and harder. Overall, this offered good value for money in what is generally a quite expensive city.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family