We only stayed one night as I wanted somewhere close to St Kilda Road, as I was running in the Run Melbourne Half Marathon, which started at 7.30am. The second we pulled up a very pleasant young man came forward and insisted on lifting the luggage out of our car. Our veteran long wheelbase Bentley is a big car and hard to park, but it was whisked away and well looked after. The front desk was quiet and 3 people looked after us, so check in was fast, and when we looked around, our luggage was gone, and was all nicely placed and laid out in our bedroom. We have been around the World 18 times and stayed in many hotels of various Star ratings. We have stayed in few as well set out and comfortable as this one. It is so nice to have a lounge and dining room and proper kitchen in a luxury Hotel. We were on the 12th floor and the view and lack of almost any noise were both exceptional. We called down for more tea bags and they were at the door in 5 minutes. I have never stayed in a Hotel of any type before that had a door bell! The only possible negative was that the heater was very reluctant to go over 18 degrees. If the fan was turned up, you could hear it start up, but there was no warm air, or flow of any type. I was fine, but my wife was cold. I reported this to the desk when we moved out and were told we should have reported it last night and they would have looked at it, and that occasionally it needed to be reset. (Must have a Windows Operating System). The bed was a King, and comfortable, but possibly a little on the firm side for me, but typical of good hotel beds. We slept well, which was important under the circumstances. We did not eat there as I wanted a low fat, high carb meal for the morning ordeal. And the menu looked a bit rich for that, and I had to be running by the time the restaurant opened, but the fully equipped kitchen eliminated that problem. We wanted to check out late so I could spruce up and recover as we had a luncheon appointment, and they were fine with that. Checkout was also completely unfussed and they were happy for me to collect my car, as it has idiosyncrasies in starting. The tiny receptionist was about half my weight, but she insisted on carrying the heavy case and putting it into the car. All in all, We could not have asked for more. These units would make the ideal city apartments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quay West Suites Melbourne is a 5 star apartment style hotel overlooking the Yarra River. Offering a choice of one, two or three bedroom guest accommodation, the hotel is ideal for business travellers, family holidays or a romantic getaway. Quay West Suites Melbourne provides easy access to the CBD and local attractions such as Federation Square, Royal Botanic Gardens, Crown Casino, Southgate Arts & Leisure Precinct, Melbourne Aquarium, fashion boutiques, restaurants and cafes. Newly refurbished mineral salt pool, steam room and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Quay West Suites Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quay West Suites Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Melbourne