This was the second place we stayed in Melbourne as we sandwiched our trip with a filler of drive along the Great Ocean Road.
Also, given I was there during the British Lions rugby tour to Australia where 30,000-40,000 people descended on the city, there wasn't much availability elsewhere.
Anyway, the location of this place is first class. I can't think if a better place to stay given its proximity to the river, botanical gardens, flinders lane for restaurants and the convenience of the food halls of the Southgate mall and the crown casino. All in all, an unbeatable location.
On arrival, as people have already commented, there are no bellboys to assist. It's DIY all the way. Check in was quick and easy so no complaints there.
The one bedroom suite we stayed in (809) was river facing and had a nice view. Higher up would have been better but not too many complaints given we were upgraded in arrival. The kitchen area was well equipped and the lounge area simple but comfortable enough. The bathroom had a full shower and bath and was a little old but it was clean. The bedroom in a nice decor but the bed is tiny and a little hard. A plus is the aircon; once you get to grips with the aircon, it's very effective and better than most 5 star hotels I have stayed in! The mini bar was stocked with drinks which were reasonably priced given the same cost a little less in the 7-11 down the road.
They had a small pool and sauna in the building which my wife used and that was none too impressive. They also had an in room massage facility which was a nice touch. Given it was $50-60 cheaper than some if the ones in town, I thought this was a good deal.
Overall, given the time we were there and prices compared to other hotels, it wasn't cheap but it was cheaper than the other options. Given you pay for what you get, you get a decent amount if space in a great location with everything on hand should you need it. It's not 5 star by any stretch of the imagination but if you are a family, this is definitely the thing to go for. If you are a couple, maybe check out the hotels instead for that more romantic offering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quay West Suites Melbourne is a 5 star apartment style hotel overlooking the Yarra River. Offering a choice of one, two or three bedroom guest accommodation, the hotel is ideal for business travellers, family holidays or a romantic getaway. Quay West Suites Melbourne provides easy access to the CBD and local attractions such as Federation Square, Royal Botanic Gardens, Crown Casino, Southgate Arts & Leisure Precinct, Melbourne Aquarium, fashion boutiques, restaurants and cafes. Newly refurbished mineral salt pool, steam room and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quay West Suites Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quay West Suites Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Melbourne