We had a great 3 night stay.
2 points straight off the bat : they upgraded us from a studio unit to deluxe on arrival, and had the room ready for us at 11 am, way ahead of their 3 pm check in time. A double bonus since we had our 4 year old travelling with us, who was tired from being up at dawn to catch a flight.
Location was fabulous -- right on the Southbank promenade with two bridges immediately adjacent. The first to Fed Square, the other directly to Flinders Station and the trams.
The unit was beautifully appointed, with coffee and tea making facilities and a nice fridge. And it came complete not just with crockery and cutlery, but also lined bins, fresh tea towels and dishwash soap. TV's in both the living and bedroom so we could watch what we wanted while our son had his share of cartoons. A nice little balcony overlooking the square with spectacular views of the the Eureka.
Bathhroom was spacious with both a shower and a bath, and three sets of towels, so we didn't have to ask for extras.
There was a great food court right next door, with not a single fast food joint in sight, so our son had some excellent meal options on hand through the day. And lots of little restaurants and wine bars all down the stretch.
We took a riverboat tour from the pier just in front of the hotel, which was a perfect way to spend the afternoon. And spent one afternoon walking down the riverbank to the Alexandra Gardens and the Royal Botanical Gardens, and another across the bridge to the Binnarung Marr park, which had a lovely playground for kids.
Staff were friendly but discreet and very thoughtful, offering us newspapers and Melbourne maps upon arrival. Some friends came by to visit, and the staff were kind enough to arrange parking (for free) right in front of the hotel so they could come up to the unit for a short visit.
Only drawback was nightly parking charge for our rental -- a whopping AUS 30 per night!
Definitely going back, without a rental car.....!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quay West Suites Melbourne is a 5 star apartment style hotel overlooking the Yarra River. Offering a choice of one, two or three bedroom guest accommodation, the hotel is ideal for business travellers, family holidays or a romantic getaway. Quay West Suites Melbourne provides easy access to the CBD and local attractions such as Federation Square, Royal Botanic Gardens, Crown Casino, Southgate Arts & Leisure Precinct, Melbourne Aquarium, fashion boutiques, restaurants and cafes. Newly refurbished mineral salt pool, steam room and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Quay West Suites Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quay West Suites Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Melbourne