I took ages selecting an apartment hotel to stay at in Melbourne (my home town) guided by Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed by Quay West.
We rang on our way in from the airport to check the location and, as a result, were greeted by the reception staff at the door by name and told our room was ready and waiting for us. Our luggage was sent straight up to our room and our car garaged. It set the tone for a lovely weekend. The staff were very helpful with restaurant bookings and directions.
The room was great - a one bedroom on the 11th Floor - we had paid extra to be up higher and it was worth it for the view - although 12th floor and up is probably better if you want an unobstructed view. The hotel was quiet, the room immaculate and well appointed. The kitchen was fully equipped although we ended up only having breakfast there and making coffee (good size plunger included).
The sofa bed in the loungeroom and the main (seemed like a king size?) bed in the bedroom were firm and comfortable and the pillows are the best I have had in a hotel for ages. Plenty of nice fluffy white towels and a nicely appointed, clean bathroom.
We didn't try the breakfast buffet or the pool or gym so can't comment on these. The only quibble I have was the price of the room service dinner my kids had that night but I guess I was trading price for convenience although my son had to order extra bread because the serves were very modest. My daughter did better with the kids menu.
By the way, as a Melbournian I can honestly say this is a great location to see the city from. There is a very good arts and crafts market at Southgate (just out the front door) on Sunday mornings from 10.00 a.m. and plenty of kid friendly, reasonably priced restaurants there as well. You can also take boat trips from there up the Yarra to Williamstown (we did it a few years back and the kids really enjoyed it). We went to the theatre on Saturday night in the city and walked back to the hotel stopping for a coffee at Brunetti's in Swanston Street on the way.
Federation Square is 3 minutes in one direction and the Art Gallery of Victoria, Concert Hall and the Botannical Gardens 3 minutes in the other direction. You can walk for fashion shopping to Little Collins Street or hop on a tram and do the same in Toorak Road (South Yarra and Toorak), Chapel Street (South Yarra down to Prahran), Lygon Street in Carlton and Brunswick Street in Brunswick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quay West Suites Melbourne is a 5 star apartment style hotel overlooking the Yarra River. Offering a choice of one, two or three bedroom guest accommodation, the hotel is ideal for business travellers, family holidays or a romantic getaway. Quay West Suites Melbourne provides easy access to the CBD and local attractions such as Federation Square, Royal Botanic Gardens, Crown Casino, Southgate Arts & Leisure Precinct, Melbourne Aquarium, fashion boutiques, restaurants and cafes. Newly refurbished mineral salt pool, steam room and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Accorhotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Quay West Suites Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quay West Suites Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Melbourne