“Overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Hobart, Australia
“Overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my adult daughter in a one bedroom suite earlier this month. I had not been to Melbourne since 1993 so really had no idea where to book. Having stayed at Quay West and Grand Quay in Sydney I thought this would be a safe option. I wasn't disappointed. We had a lovely room on the 14th floor overlooking the Yarra and the city. Very impressive at night. The reception, bar and restaurant staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. Quay West is still close to the CBD but far enough away to enjoy some peace and quiet. The choice of eateries and bars nearby is mind boggling. The only complaint was from my daughter who said the sofa bed was very uncomfortable. It is a sofa bed after all. I am returning to Melbourne in March next year for 4 nights and will definitely book into Quay West.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Libster1953
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay.
It is wonderful to know that we met your expectations across many levels. We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I had received an Accor Hotels Gift Card tha is due to expire this Christmas. Upon booking a hotel suite I had searched under the Accor Hotels website to find a participating hotel and found that Quay West Suites in Melbourne were listed as a participating hotel. Before booking I had made sure that I contacted Quay West Suites in Melbourne to confirm that I could use my Accor Gift Card upon payment. This was confirmed by a respresentative at the Quay West reservations so I proceeded with the booking.

Come the day of the reservation the card was declined by Quay West Suites in Melbourne on the basis that they were taken over by Accor hotels only a month ago and were unsure as to how to process the gift card. Please bear in mind that I had made the booking over a month prior to the reservation date. Quay West Suites could do nothing so I cancelled my reservation and will never book with them or accor hotels again!

Word of advice... save the hassle an DO NOT purchase Accor hotel gift cards.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank karen_xuereb
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor, and are sorry that you did not have the opportunity to stay with us, you must have been disappointed.

I apologise that it is not clear on the website during the booking process that Accor gift cards were not able to be used for your stay. I have reviewed the details of the website, and we will ensure that this information is in future detailed. I will also address with our team to ensure our Reception team are explaining this correctly for any enquires.

Accor purchased the former Mirvac properties back in May, and from early next year we will be able to accept participating cards at Quay West’s and other hotels. Unfortunately, all former Mirvac properties cannot accept the cards as we are not yet able to process them; however we are looking forward to our hotel joining the Accor family.

Please know we do not take your comments lightly and are sorry you felt we advertised falsely as this was not our intention, and your choice to stay at our hotels and resorts is appreciated. If you are planning to use the card again soon, please contact me directly at the hotel and we can assist you in booking another Accor Hotel and ensure that we look after you and make it a memorable occasion.

Once again we are sorry that we could not assist on this occasion but would value to opportunity for you to stay with us in the not too distant future.
Canberra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in July. Yes location is fantastic. Our room overlooked a construction site luckily it was cold outside so didn't use the small balcony. Size of the rooms was great, one main bedroom and living room with sofa bed for the kids. Bathroom was old and needs to be updated. Hole in the bed sheets. Breakfast buffet very disappointing, poached eggs hard. Areas of the indoor pool needs to be repainted. Would I stay here again? only for the location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing to stay at Quay West Suites Melbourne. we appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, as guest reviews enable us to monitor our standards to ensure we are proving our guests with what they want.

We note not your comments regarding the facilities and are sorry that you were disappointed with the suite and your breakfast, during your stay. We will follow up with the team on your comments. I am pleased to confirm that the pool is being repainted in the next month and the construction across the road form us is now complete.
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at Quay West Melbourne 3 times over the month of June/July and could not fault the service or accomodation on any of those stays. We have stayed here several times over the past few years and always enjoy returning. Suites are always spotless (& I am super super fussy with cleanliness) and staff are always very friendly and helpful. No snooty staff here! The staff are certainly a great asset to this hotel. Fantastic location. Easy access to restaurants, shops etc. Would not hesitate to stay here in the future or to recommend to our family and friends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank familyof4Melbourne
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Quay West Suites Melbourne.
It was wonderful to hear that we made your stay truly enjoyable. We are dedicated to constantly improve our services and your positive words are much appreciated by everyone here. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We recently celebrated our Anniversary and looked for somewhere in the heart of Melbourne. Well we couldnt have chosen better accommodation. Location right on the Yarra on minutes walk to Federation Square, Crown, restaurants and all the night life we love about Melbourne.

The apartment was excellent and well appointed, clean and spacious with kitchen, lounge, which opened up onto our balcony overlooking the Yarra river. The bedroom and ensuite were both generous in size, clean and comfortable. Both the lounge and bedroom had full windows with fantastic city and Yarra views.

The night lights of Melbourne were amazing as we sat back with a bottle of red wine as we enjoyed the comforts of the apartment. Staff and service was excellent and ensured our stay was important to them from the moment we arrived looking after the parking for our car, baggage and arranging late check out at no service through to when we checked out. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast which had a good selection of food to choose from and once again the staff were great arranging double expresso coffee's and ensured that anything we needed was cared for.

Looking forward to staying there againg in the future when in Melbourne.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandy-andy-Andy
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
It is wonderful to know that we met your expectations across many levels.
We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back for your next anniversary.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

A very nice place to stay right on the Yarra. Close to the MCG, with in walking distance to Federation Square, train station, trams and City. Beautiful rooms, especially if like us, you need a little space around you and find apartments or suites preferable. Lovely room with everything you need, dressing gowns and slippers as well as fully decked out kitchen, laundry and furnished balcony. Restaurant on site and lots of lovely and varied cafes and restaurants very close by. Overall I would highly recommend this property and will visit again myself.

Room Tip: Ask helpful staff for advise on this one.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 950barbarac
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. It is nice to know that we provided the appropriate level of service throughout your stay; your comments will be shared with our team. We look forward to welcoming you and the family back to Quay West Suites Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I chose Quay West Suites due to the locality to the Hamer Hall, for a concert we were attending. I have stayed in a few other accommodations in the vicinity, and put this one high on the list of favourite experiences. The service from the staff was excellent and couldn't be more helpful. The suite was a lot bigger than I thought it would be and very clean and well kept.
I have since recommended Quay West to my friends and collegues.
Breakfast at the Jarrah restaurant was very enjoyable. Valet parking makes it easy.
I will definetly consider this accommodation when next staying in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Corner suite had a great view of the river and part of Swanston Street, also had view of St Kilda Ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 949RobertW
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with our team. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the near future.