2,268 results
All reviewsarts centrecity roadgreat locationhamer hallbedroom apartmentroad noisebotanical gardenswashing machine and dryersouth bankliving areagood sizeroom servicebuffet breakfastwalking distancecrown casinofull kitchengreat place to stay
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I arrived late due to airline delays, so i was very tired and frustrated. I was welcomed at check in and provided me with directions for Thursday morning.

Breakfast was delicious and delivered during my preferred time slot. The room service staff member who delivered it was friendly and wished me a good morning.

The lady who checked me out was also very friendly. She kindly checked me into my flight online and printed my boarding pass – this allowed me to spend longer at the conference I was attending. She was also helpful at giving me an idea of how long I would need in the afternoon to get to the airport. Finally, she made sure I knew how to get to the conference venue.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2011

We decided to stay on the other side of the river this time. We have normally stayed in the CBD (Mantra and others) properties and this side was a bit quieter. Mantra has always been consistently good with their properties (for me anyway) and this one isn't any different. We stayed in a 2 Bdroom apartment, it was clean, well appointed and nicely decorated. Good location, it is just a short walk to the Southbank promenade and footbridge over to the city. They offered breakfast but we found you can get a better breakfast in the restaurants/cafes.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Just came from another inner city hotel of same value. Service here is much poorer, they actually offer heat n serve microwave meals after hours for room service. Still though to be quite honest it was just satisfactory. That's where the 'praise' ends. My girlfriend and I entirely picked this hotel and the last on the rooftop pool alone. This time however there was a drunk who got in somehow and was destroying the pool / outdoor area and police were called and pool was closed. I understand this was out of the hotels control, but it completely ruined our night, we were only here one night. My girlfriend wanted a free night, I only wanted free parking for ruining our night. Both were rejected and told to see the manager in the morning. ITS TOO LATE THEN. And one staff member was smug enough to suggest the pool wAsn't closed long enough to disrupt our plans!!! How would she know?? Disgusting.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank Dmizza
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I stayed in the Mantra having come in off an international flight. We were checked in straight away. The accommodaiton was great but the price of the food and drink in the hotel were high. In fairness, i dont think that this was exclusive to the hotel. We found melbourne a very expensive city.
THe hotel had excellent Leisure facilities. The Swimming pool and Sauna / Gym were excellent.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Mantra in a 2 bedroom corner apartment with our 3 little ones aged 4, 2 and 2. The staff were lovely and extremely accommodating. We had anticipated a difficult stay with the kids but the kids loved the apartment and had a great time! The apartment was clean and fully kitted out with anything you would need, home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2010