2,268 results
All reviewsarts centrecity roadgreat locationhamer hallbedroom apartmentroad noisebotanical gardenswashing machine and dryersouth bankliving areagood sizeroom servicebuffet breakfastwalking distancecrown casinofull kitchengreat place to stay
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Good size room - a full apartment with everything that you would need.

Room service was good and quick and no extra delivery fee.

Overall a good hotel in an area close to the Crown (which was what I needed)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
JeffHermes, General Manager at Mantra Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2010

Dear Hobartgirl,

I just wanted to write a short email to say we are glad you had a nice stay and we appreciate the feedback.

Jeff

Reviewed June 10, 2010

I always feel bad when I write a negative review, especially when the staff at the hotel have been friendly and as helpful as they can be. It is not their fault the place is a bit of a dump or the cleaning policy for rooms is once a week - or at least appears to be. My largest gripe at this place is that the bathroom in the room I stayed had obviously not been cleaned following the guest before. The toilet still had used paper in it and had not been wiped down - disgusting. I have attached some pictures so you can see for yourself. A person would have to have very low standards indeed to rate this place anything but a poor experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Cfan41

Dear Cfan41,

Thank you for the feedback that was recently posted on Tripadvisor.
I was disappointed to read that our level of service did not meet your expectations.
Due to the nature of the feedback it is difficult for me to investigate effectively. If
possible it would be great if you could contact me directly to discuss.

Reviewed May 19, 2010

awesome bed- best sleep in such a long time! rooms neat and tidy. no fuss booking. very happy and will definatly stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
JeffHermes, General Manager at Mantra Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2010

Dear Lilly84,

I just wanted to write a quick email to say thank you for your feedback.
I am glad you enjoyed one of our beds and had a great night's sleep.

Reviewed May 16, 2010

Spent our last few days here after a month in OZ, wanted somewhere in the city centre having spent some time in the suburbs with friends.
Great hotel, very helpful staff, great to having a washing machine and dryer, nice to not take home bags of washing.
Facilities great, could easily spend a week and self cater, but why? with with so many great restaurants on the doorstep to suit all budgets, we love Melbourne. Make sure you have chips from Lord of the Fries and make the effort, get a tram to Richmond and visit Fuzion for a fantastic curry. Breakfast, you can't beat Time Out Cafe in Fed Square, great food and coffee, nice to watch world go by. There is something nice about watching people going to work whilst you are on holiday!
We had a late flight but the hotel looked after our bags so we could make the most of our last day.
Great views at night across the Yarra, perfect location to explore the city on foot, don't forget the free tourist tram, to get your bearings.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
JeffHermes, Manager at Mantra Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2010

Dear SBS_Ferrets,

Thank you for your feedback and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 2, 2010

We were due to fly o'seas early morning and live some distance from the airport, so stayed the night before departure at the Mantra where we were able to leave our car securely (in a dedicated section at United Parking next door) for the 10 days we were away. The shuttle to and from the airport was quick and reliable and we found the whole experience ideal for us, good value, and extremely convenient and hassle free. We booked online. We have used other similar accommodation previously but found that this was superior and would certainly stay at the Mantra again on the same basis.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple