Mantra Southbank Melbourne
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$109
$86
Radisson
$244
$204
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$183
$166
  • Breakfast included
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$93
$86
  • Restaurant
Melbourne Marriott Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$150
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$150
$98
  • Room Service
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$154
$115
Hotel Windsor
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$243
$174
$206
$183
Priceline
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$120
$102
  • Fitness center
2,156 results
All reviewsarts centrecity roadgreat locationbusy roadbedroom apartmentsouth bankshort walkbuffet breakfastwashing machineroom servicegreat place to stayfull kitchengood sizecrown casinoeasy walkwould stay againyarra river
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Have started to use this hotel for business trips. It is a great location, just a short stroll to the river and restaurants. Rooms are clean and well presented with separate bedroom and laundry facilities. Restaurant is quite plain, and empty when I was there. However the food was good and staff friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
AaronBond31, General Manager at Mantra Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for providing feedback following your recent stay with us at the hotel and we are glad that the location is ideal for your needs.

I appreciate your comments regarding the restaurant and can advise that we are working hard to make improvements in this area. During April we introduced a new menu into the restaurant which we feel offers great value to our guests and are continuing to develop the presentation and ambiance of the dining experience at the hotel. The restaurant has recently been given a name - "Spire" - and we look forward to developing this into a fantastic place for guests to dine and drink.

If you are back at the hotel in the future would appreciate you again passin gon any feedback you have so that we can continue to adjust our business to ensure we are better catering to our regular corporate guests.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Very basic apartments, we had a two bedroom with one queen bed & two singles. It had only one bathroom with the shower in the bath. It is quite roomy with a kitchenette & would suit a family holiday. A short walk to the Yarra river, & 15 minutes into central melbourne.

Room Tip: The front rooms have a large balconey, but there is a lot of traffic noise
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Thankyou for your comments following your recent stay at the hotel.

The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the location was ideal for your needs.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

5 girlfriends stayed on a saturday night, booking was plain sailing. Rang to ask if there champagne glasses in room, advised they would put them in. Had read reviews that checking in could be quite hectic, not on this occassion. Smoke alarm was beeping on arrival, guy came & changed battery in 5 mins. Stayed in room 504, i think, nice spacious apartment, sofa already made up, Probably the only complaint, glad i wasn't sleeping on it. Would like to have stayed longer. Could hear the traffic, but would have to say i woke up & heard it rather than it woke me up. Great view of the spire. Apt has everything u could want, if i was visiting Melbourne from overseas this is the sort of place i would be happy to stay in.I have stayed in many cities of the world & i don't like hotels, so if i can't find a private apartment this is my second choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Many thanks for posting your thoughts following your recent stay at Mantra Southbank. I appreciate your comments and will be sure to pass these onto the team.

The two bedroom apartments at the hotel are perfect for that getaway with friends with spacious lounge areas and fully equipped kitchens. (be sure to book the deluxe two bedroom if you would prefer to also have two bathrooms).

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again when you and your friends next visit Melbourne.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I travel to Melbourne at least once a year from Perth, and have stayed in numerous places throughout the city. Mantra Southbank is the only hotel that I have returned to, and will continue to do so whenever I visit Melbourne in the future. The apartments are spacious, well appointed and contemporary, which gives them a luxurious feel. They are also spotlessly clean. All of the staff that I met throughout my recent 5 day stay were extremely friendly, and incredibly accommodating. Having room service as an option is great too, and the food was nice and reasonably priced. One of my favourite things about this hotel is the pool located on the 18th floor. As a creature of habit, I like to fit in my morning exercise even when I am on holidays. I just wish the pool I usually go to had the amazing views that the floor to ceiling windows provide! With a tram stop to the city and beyond a 2 minute walk from the hotel, and numerous shops and restaurants a short walk away, it is incredibly well located. Yes, there is some traffic noise, as others have mentioned, but it is a small price to pay for the location and facilities. Mantra Southbank is also very affordable, with frequent special offers making it possible to secure a room for under $200 most of the time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
AaronBond31, General Manager at Mantra Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel and delighted to read that you are a regular visitor who enjoys the location and facilities that we provide.

Glad that you are able to enjoy the use of the pool and gym facilities while you are staying with us. There are also some great running tracks nearby the hotel adjascent to the Botanical Gardens and Yarra River if you also feel like venturing out for some exercise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

As you know, accommodations for families are very common in Australia (at least it seems more common to me than in other countries), but I have learned during this trip that they lack a standard of conservation of the apartment and of facilities within the apartment, which you can find in a hotel.

In this case, Mantra Southbank has several qualities that makes it ideal for families, the first of which is the superb location, steps away from Southbank mall, with several very good restaurants, an excellent food plaza (hello families with kids), the Yarra river bank, Flinders station, Federation Square (with museums and restaurants) and many other attractions.

The room is quite spacious, the kitchnete of good size, but this apartment lacked several items necessary to use the kitchen. For instance, it had only one pan to cook. Other pros are that the apartment is spacious, notwithstanding the conservation was not perfect. There is a good pool and sauna on the top. The fitness is poor, and some investment should be made on it, t align its quality to the hotel rate charged.

The service is very good, everybody is very proactive and solicitous (I think it is the norm in Australia). My teenage son had a problem during the night, he ate something bad, I called the front desk and they were very nice and solicitous. I appreciated it.

I really appreciated the Mantra Southbank, would reccomend to my friends, and would come back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Many thanks for providing feedback following your recent stay at the hotel with your family. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be well suited to your families needs.

The rooftop heated pool and spa facilities are certainly a hit with the children and can be used comfortably in any weather conditions so always be sure to pack the bathers.

I appreciate your comments regarding the fitness facitlities in the gym and we will be sure to review the standard of the equipment and improve where necessary.