Stayed for a weekend at the beginning of October for my sister's birthday. I have stayed before and wanted to give her a special time. The good stuff first:
1. The location was the selling point for us. It was great to be out and about all day then back to the hotel was easy as. You can't beat it for convenience.
2. The staff were lovely - from the guys outside assisting me with check-in to the room staff - everyone was very polite and professional. I have this thing about having requests barked at me e.g. 'credit card!' 'signature!'..... None of that here.....
3. The room was spacious and the bathroom HUGE! Lovely shower and an awesome deep bath.
4. We loved the pool and stream room. A treat after a big day at the shops.
The not so great stuff:
1. The beds were VERY soft! We had two singles which were more like king singles or small doubles and while they were comfy to start with we both found they were much too soft and ended up with sore backs. We both like a firm bed so maybe its just us....
2. There was bugger all information in the room about dining options. On calling reception they directed us to the TV for information. we did this but again no dining info apart from the room service menu. We didn't even know there was a restaurant or a buffet breakfast option.
3.After the first day our teabags weren't replenished. We thought this was a bit weird and thought it might have been an oversight but no it happened all three days. We called and they brought us up a couple but really they should have checked this when the room was serviced.
4. Similarly with the toiletries - there was only enough of everything for one person e.g one shower cap, one soap, shampoo etc. Also were not replenished on the second or third days. I helped myself when the cart was parked near our door. Needless to say I took more than we needed too....
5. There was a piece of cheese in the hallway! Explain that...
I travel for work every other week and stay n lots of hotels. In all honesty I don't think staying here was any better than allot of places i stay apart from the staff's professionalism and the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, chic and elegantly understated, The Westin Melbourne's dramatic staircase and light-filled lobby sets the tone for one of Australia's leading hotels. Boasting 262 luxurious guest rooms, the award winning property is surrounded by theatres, galleries, designer boutiques and the city's finest attractions. SPG Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Starwood APAC, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Westin Melbourne
- Melbourne Westin