The Westin Melbourne
$229
$210
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$173
$157
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
Hotel Windsor
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$192
$104
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
$148
Marriott Hotels
Adelphi Hotel(Melbourne)
$169
$139
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$126
$199
$175
Priceline
2,202 results
All reviewsheavenly bedmartini barallegro restaurantspg membercity squarecollins streetregent theatrea city view roomrain showerhigh teaconcierge deskdeluxe roomrooms are largestar hotelvalet parkingperfect locationbuffet breakfast
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is very close to the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, and even Etihad Stadium if your trip involves a sporting event in Melbourne. It is also close to Southern Cross, a bus/train station, and a block from Federation Square. You can walk to many Melbourne attractions from the hotel, and given its central location, there are many restaurants within walking distance.

The room is clean, modern and spacious, and even though our room faced Swanston Street, we were not bothered by street noises. The breakfast food is plentiful, with freshly baked pastries, fruits, and eggs prepared on order.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinMelboune1185, Manager at The Westin Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Reviewer. We are delighted you experienced a renewing stay with our luxurious rooms and central location amongst some of Melbourne’s finest attractions. We thank you for your feedback regarding our breakfast. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great services, excellent location, staff extremely cordial, value for the cost.
1/2 block from central Melbourne near train station and central tourist area.
If visiting Melbourne and want to be ib CBD, stay there

Room Tip: Ask for outside room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for taking the time to provide such special feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to provide a refreshing oasis in Melbourne’s city centre and we are delighted you recognize our instinctive service and luxurious facilities. Be well.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have spent many years travelling globally - both for business and pleasure - and locally and have often visited Melbourne as my 2 children live there. However I have never stayed at The Westin before, mainly the Hiltons, Sofitels, Langham etc. On this trip -one night in Melbourne to have dinner with my children I decided to spoil myslef and stay at The Westin as there were so many glowing reviews. As this was a personal visit I completed the booking via a web site that does these things and happily set off to Melbourne.
I arrived at about 4:05 pm and had my first experience with the booking in process. My room was not ready yet. Everyone agreed that there was a "guaranteed" booking in time of 3:00pm however the room was not ready. I was welcome to wait - what else could I do ? - and so I did. There was no effort to compromise - another room / upgrade / pay more - just wait and so I did I was give 2 vouchers for the bar and this gave me another unique experience at The Westin - they take your drink away when it is half full and ask if you would like another ??? anyway at about 5:00 pm I was informed that my room was ready and I could go up when I was ready ??
When I got to my room I think that they had given up trying to get it ready and had just pulled the bed straight. I can only hope that they had changed the sheets - and what is with the 2 single beds ?? Is this standard in The Westin. Anyway I was meeting my family downstairs at 6.00 pm so I went to shower etc. I gave up trying to get the TV etc working and as for the view - I had a really good view of the concierge going about his duties.
Having completed my ablutions and get changed I went down stairs to the bar to await the arrival of my kids and had a glass of wine - well half a glass as I did not really want to tussle with the waitress for possession of my last half glass. My children arrived and had drinks as well and witnessed the disappearance of my 2nd half glass. By this time it was a bit of a joke and so we headed off to the restaurant for dinner. At this stage I was thanking the stars that I had made a booking outside the hotel.

Next morning I had breakfast and bid adieu to The Westin.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 222.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank JenRich04

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for bringing the details of your experience with our associates to our attention and we sincerely apologise this was not a fulfilling experience for you. The service you encountered during your visit is certainly not typical of the service we offer and rest be assured your comments have been passed on to ensure our high quality standard is delivered at all times. Our Westin Room has two type of configurations with either one King bed or twin beds, we apologize if this has not been communicated to you prior to your check in. We hope you reconsider staying with us in the future so we may have the opportunity to provide a more distinctive Westin experience. Be well.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just spent 3 nights at Westin Melbourne with my daughter who was celebrating her 15th birthday.
We arrived at 10am expecting to just leave our bags but to our delight got early check in and room upgrade. Our room was of high standard & had wonderful views over Federation Square (rm 707).
That afternoon to our room was delivered some complimentary chocolates & birthday wishes.
Had a problem with air conditioner but problem was fixed immediately & effortlessly!
I have nothing but good things to say about our stay at hotel.
Will come back again. Also before I forget LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!
Close to everything and in the heart of all that is Melbourne CBD! Loved walking out the door & having it all on our doorstep! ;)

Room Tip: Room 707 is the room to stay in!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
WestinMelboune1185, Manager at The Westin Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are thrilled you decided to stay with us for such a special occasion. At the Westin Hotel Melbourne we strive to make your experience more enjoyable at every opportunity we can. We are delighted we were able to assist with an early check-in and upgraded room. Melbourne always has so much on in the theatres, art exhibitions, ballet, jazz and lets not forget the fabulous shopping. By the way, there are “hidden secret laneway tours” if you wish to learn the history and the tours are very informative. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next family getaway. Be well.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I travel to Melbourne regularly on business, once a year and while I have stayed in other hotels, this is now my go to.

The rooms are lovely and clean and large. There is a very nice swimming pool and a functional gym but it is the friendliness and courtesy of the staff which make the place such a pleasure.

The concierge staff and in particularly the more senior gentleman who greets guests at the door, are unfailingly polite and helpful - and after only four annual visits, have remembered me and where I am from - all of which helps make this hotel feel a lot like coming home.

The location is excellent with many facilities and shops nearby.

The standard rooms do look onto a wall, so if you are staying for leisure or spend a lot of time n your room, then you may wish to pay more and upgrade. However on a business trip, generally there is limited time to take in a view or lack of one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MissT_HongKong

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your special comments. Your inspiring feedback is certainly appreciated. We look forward to continuing to surprise and delight you with our personal service, central location and facilities for business travelers. Whilst our Westin Rooms have an interior or garden view, we do have City View which boasts an uplifting view overlooking St. Paul’s Cathedral, the City Square, or Collins Street. Be well.