Lyall Hotel and Spa
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$109
$86
Radisson
$244
$204
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$183
$166
  • Breakfast included
Melbourne Marriott Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$150
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$154
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$161
$98
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$93
$86
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$237
$159
$191
$183
Priceline
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$126
$101
Travelocity
  • Fitness center
All reviewssouth yarratoorak roadboutique hotelgrand suitejelly beansluxury escapeshome away from homewashing machinesmall hotelchapel streetbotanical gardensseparate bedroomquiet streetpillow menusmall kitchenroom serviceclose to shops
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Fresh food, efficient waiter service, lovely crisp tablecloths. A mini suite, a balcony (& we were ground floor). Glass of champagne on the terrace. Staff couldn't be more helpful. All in all a positive experience.

Room Tip: Ask the staff
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
WithThanks, Owner at Lyall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Chris,

We are delighted that you took the time to comment on your recent
stay at The Lyall and that you had a positive experience.
We are glad that you were able to enjoy our suites with balconies,
good food and service and champagne on the terrace.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Melbourne and
The Lyall Hotel and Spa.

With kind regards

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times as the standards never change. This could be Melbourne ritz Carlton . My only complaint is a lack of fresh air and the room service needs addressing as sometimes it can be tardy. All in all a good place to stay

• Stayed: December 2012
WithThanks, Owner at Lyall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about The Lyall.

We are so happy that you feel that The Lyall it is one of Melbourne's better places to stay.

I have addressed the issue of room service as you mentioned.

In relation to the lack of fresh air, I am a little confused as we are one of the few Melbourne
hotels with opening windows and balconies. We also have indiividual climate control in each
suite so please do let us know if you have a problem working this on your next visit.

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to welcoming
you on your next visit.

With kind regards

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I found The Lyall via a quick internet search for hotels with balconies across Melbourne CBD as to me there's nothing worse than not having fresh air. As soon as you look at The Lyall's website you know you're in for something a bit beyond the average room at a large chain hotel. And that's what I love ~ somewhere a bit different, a bit unique and more personalised. And that is exactly what we got. There is no doubt The Lyall is worth every single award it's received.

Our experience started upon email enquiry - I received a response back very quickly from Paige, who guided us throughout our experience at The Lyall. She took all the time needed to answer all of my questions (and being in the industry myself, I had a few!) and went above and beyond to ensure our stay (which was booked quite last minute) was smooth, relaxing and enjoyable.

And that is was. It is a brilliant little boutique hotel - I could not fault anything about the room, the service, the location - for us, it ticked every box. There is no doubt we have found a "home away from home" and we are looking forward to many more visits to The Lyall. Thank you once again to Paige and all of the team.

Room Tip: 1) Make sure you check out the pillow menu :) 2) If you are not a fan of street noise (not that there's that much), ask for a room not facing on to the road. 3) Check out the coffee machine! And the free Wifi :) 4) Some of the room service items are as cheap, if not cheaper, than a local store. Don't rule it out completely. You do have a full kitchen, but next time we stay we're definitely having room service at least one night!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KJonholidays

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review and we are delighted that you were
so pleased with your choice of hotel and experience during your stay.

It is such a bonus to have a balcony in addition to your room space and of course, to be able to open your security locked balcony doors for fresh air ensures a more restful sleep.

Individualising our guest's stay is our forte, thank you for mentioniing our personalised service.
Being a small hotel (just 40 suites) means that we actually do get to know our guests and their preferences which is why our we have a high return guest ratio.

I have passed on your review to Paige and the team and thank you once again for taking the
time to share your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Lyall very soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was a perfect place to stay at the end of a 2.5 week long trip. The owners & staff were amazing and the rooms have a home-like feel. They even delivered down pillows to us immediately when we found hypo-allergenic pillows on the bed. It was nice to sit on the couch and watch a movie while doing a load of laundry. The lobby and champagne bar are both great places to pass some time, unwinding. I would undoubtedly stay here again next time I am in Melbourne.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KimLOC
WithThanks, Owner at Lyall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at The Lyall.
I agree, its nice to have some home-like comforts when traveling for a period of time.
Also glad that you liked our staff and had time to enjoy The Lyall Champagne Bar.
We really appreciate your comments and hope that we can welcome you back in the
near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have stayed here many times over the years. I love the location and the size of the rooms (seperate bedroom and kitchenette) and the ability to open a window to avoid constant air-con as all feature at least a small balconette.

The staff are warm and couldn't do more to make you feel welcome - very much creating a sense of home from home.

My only gripe is the room service. I just wish there was either more choice from within the hotel itself or there was a system to dial in from some of the many restaurants in the area. The food available is ok - I think they manage without a full kitchen. But when you are here for work it is nice to order sonething fresh rather than from a menu that seens designed to be "prepped" rather than cooked by multi-tasking staff. Obviously if you are travelling for pleasure there are many great restaurants and cafes in the area.

That said I will be back hence my 4 stars.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Voyages27
WithThanks, Owner at Lyall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Voyages27,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for TripAdvisor.
I agree, it is important to have fresh air when travelling and nice to be
able to enjoy the outside on a balcany.

In relation to our menu, we are in the process of updating the menu at
the moment. It is a lengthy process but I aim to have it complete in a few
weeks. Please do email me if you would like to make some suggestions.
We can and do infact order from local restaurants for guests adding
more variety during a longer stay so please don't hesitate
to ask reception once you have exhausted our new menu.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
pr@thelyall.com