Stamford Plaza Melbourne
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$167
  • Breakfast included
Mantra on Little Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$114
Adelphi Hotel(Melbourne)
$192
$159
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$111
$93
  • Room Service
The Westin Melbourne(Melbourne)
$201
$176
Travelocity
  • Pool
Art Series - The Olsen(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$137
$124
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
  • Breakfast included
$231
$187
4,935 results
All reviewsharry's bargreat locationspa bathking suitevalet parkingcollins streetlounge areasmall kitchenroom servicebuffet breakfastenjoyable staycentral locationgreat roommini barconciergegymcouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed in a one bedroom suite (setup of two queen beds), which surpassed most expectations and included a bar, and dining/lounge area. Given there were three adults staying there, however, the bathroom was a little on the small side.

The pool and spa area on the top floor of one tower is the highlight at the Stamford and even in winter, watching the AFL from the spa while it's raining outside and ordering some fries to go with it is hard to beat.

The buffet breakfast is decent, solid, but not outstanding for a hotel of this calibre.

Staff were all very helpful, and a particular mention must be made to Michael the concierge. He managed to get me the last seat on a skybus to the airport at late notice (notoriously difficult on a public holiday) and was warm and friendly every time we walked through the door.

A minor bug bear - there were no bathrooms on the ground floor (so had to go downstairs) and the toilet paper was that horrible one-ply rubbish which for a hotel of this standard just seems unnecessarily slack.

Overall, the location was fabulous - walking distance to most attractions of the CBD and made the Stamford a great place to stay with friends.

Room Tip: Make sure you set your alarm if you are staying in the East tower. Virtually no view and as very little light comes into the room and it's still incredibly dark at 9am!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Lilian R, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear globetrotter1298,
.here is nothing more luxurious than a break away in a plush hotel with friends and I’m really pleased to hear how much you enjoyed yourselves. We’ll certainly take your constructive comments on board as we are always looking to improve our offering to ensure that our guests’ experience a stay that is exceptional in every sense. I hope we can welcome you and your girlfriend’s back again soon for another great weekend.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the West Tower for three nights. The hotel promotes a refurbishment and while housekeeping maintained the room in a generally clean and presentable state the bathroom (tiles & bath area) would indicate otherwise. The living area of the suite is comfortable and roomy, the bed area sufficient and the king size bed quite snug. The most unappealing aspect of the room is the fact that the vanity & mirrors is located between the bed area (not room) and the bathroom (shower & toilet). While the bathroom is divided with a door the vanity area is not and is situated about a meter from the end of the bed. The clothes closet is also in the same area. While the set up appears poorly designed at first you soon realise it is a most annoying problem particularly as there is no privacy at any time for who ever may be using the vanity area; day or night.

Harry's restaurant for breakfast is reflective of a much more modest hotel. It lacks any sort of splendor or invitation and is a poor reflection of the Stamford brand. It is noisy, congested and the positioning of the buffet generates congestion around the main food station. The food quality is mostly good but for the decaying cheese on the platter and the variety adequate. The ability of the staff to keep the stations & condiments topped up and their attention to all detail is sadly lacking. It appears management is failing to roster appropriately for peak times.

I offer a word of caution. Do not pre book or pay for breakfast regardless of the offering as you will find it promoted at a more affordable price in house which may be a reflection or acknowledgement of the quality and standard.

Sadly, a disappointing hotel experience from a chain that I had greater expectations of. I have enjoyed much better experiences from Stamford in Brisbane & Adelaide. Having stayed in several other Melbourne hotels I regret to say it is to those I will return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Legar

Dear legar,
I am sorry to note that your stay did not meet your expectations in the areas you have outlined. I would like to assure you that your feedback will be reviewed by the appropriate department heads as it is comments such as yours that provide us with the opportunity to improve our service offering and delivery. Should you provide us with the opportunity to accommodate you again, I invite you to contact me directly on 03 9659 1178, it would be my pleasure to show that we are indeed capable of providing you with the exceptional experience that Stamford Hotels and Resorts are renowned for.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel is located 2 blocks from the city circle tram and only 3 minutes walk from the Bourke St Mall.

Check-in process was very smooth and ultra fast. The suite itself is very well maintained and nicely decorated. The bed is very comfortable and there is a direct access to the balcony overlooking Little Collins St. Housekeeping did a good job in keeping the suite very clean and nicely maintained.

A job well done goes to Antonios Francos at the reception. He provided service with a smile and incredibly prompt in processing the check-in.

Highly recommend this hotel for both business and leisure travellers.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thefrequentraveller

Dear thefrequenttraveller,
Thank you for such a glowing review – I’m thrilled that Stamford Plaza Melbourne provided all you were looking for in a hotel and more on your recent trip. Thanks also for highlighting the fantastic service provided by Antonios, our team does a fantastic job of taking care of our guests and I know everyone will be delighted to read of your experience during you stay. Your recommendation is much appreciated and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Wow, the room we were in was great - it had a sliding door to separate the bedroom from the lounge - there were two TV's and a nearly full kitchen (with a dishwasher). We were here for work so the desk set up was great. I just wish we were staying longer than one night.

We used the valet parking - much easier than trying to park. It's in a great location.

I used the gym and the pool - both were good. The gym had headphones if you forget to bring your own and very up to date equipment.

We will definitely be back to stay longer here and enjoy a drink in the bar.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear AustraliaPaz,
Thank you for noticing some of the wonderful features of our hotel…spacious, well appointed suites, excellent facilities and a great bar to relax with a drink. Don’t forget we offer happy hour prices between 5pm & 7pm daily – we’d love to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I love staying at this hotel. Unfortunately for me it’s always been for business. The location is fantastic to shops and restaurants. The rooms have a home feeling about them. The beds are comfortable and I do love having a pillow menu in hotels. The serves checking in or out is efficient and the staff have no problems if available to upgrade you. Love it !!
The staffs have the ability to be flexible with their gests which I find refreshing and also that the management allows this.
The only thing that I am not impressed with is the hotels dining experience I think its average and unfortunately that should not be in Melbourne.
The breakfast is defiantly much better.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Lilian R, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear r0ck1234,
Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the only 5 star all suite hotel in the city making us the perfect accommodation whether you are in town for business or leisure reasons. We like to think of our hotel as your ‘home away from home’ and our staff will do their utmost to ensure your comfort on each and every stay. I am sorry to note that your dining experience did not meet your satisfaction and am thankful for your feedback which I will certainly address with our Executive Chef. Thank you for taking the time to share on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at Stamford. I hope we can welcome you back again in the not too distant future.