We arrived at the hotel very early (8am) and our room was not ready which was to expect. The staff was very nice from the first moment and allowed us to use the bathroom on the first floor to refresh after the long flight from Europe. When we got back in the afternoon, we found our luggage already in the room which was a nice touch.
The room itself was quite spacious (suite-like with living room and kitchen), quiet and with a nice bathroom. We found it spotless clean, too.
The location is great, just steps from Collins Street and close to all downtown attractions. Federation Square is just a 10-minute walk. The concierge provided us with public transport passes and was very knowledgeable about what to do and how to get where we wanted to go.
On one morning we ate breakfast at the hotel and found the buffet to be of good quality and to have a broad selection, even if maybe a bit expensive.
On departure, we asked to prearrange a taxi early in the morning and the car was there waiting for us at the agreed time.
All-in-all, a great experience and we would return anytime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are very excited that our construction program creating an additional 26 Melbourne hotel suites for our hotel has commenced. The program is scheduled for a completion in September, 2016 and every effort has been made to minimise disruption to our guests during this time. For safety, the working zone is completely contained and works will only be carried out within reasonable daytime hours. The set time frame for works is between 9am & 5pm Monday to Friday and 11am & 4pm on Saturday only. Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading all-suite 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel. Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the pool facility featuring sleek furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, and a well equipped gym with cardiovascular and weight training equipment. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel