I was looking forward to our first stay here in over 10 years, and the hotel has retained its high standard over that time. We had 2 bedrooms, each with a bathroom and separated by a living area and a small kitchen. We were on the 9th floor and did not hear any street noise. I did find the hotel to be very cold every time I walked in. Our room temperature was set to 18 degrees on arrival. We wound it up to 22 degrees, but when we arrived home at the end of the day, someone had put it back down to 18! This seems unnecessarily cold for mid summer.
The rooms were in good condition and well equipped on our arrival. However every night, we came home to find something minor not done by housekeeping (eg replacing an empty box of tissues, replacing dishwashing tablets when used). We also engaged in a daily battle to have our bed without a doona/duvet. We would remove it, fold it and put it in the wardrobe, hoping it would stay there. On all bar 1 of our 4 nights, housekeeping had made the bed with the doona/ duvet. One final frustration was with the amount of kitchen bench space and fridge shelf space taken up by minibar items. There was literally no shelf space left in the medium sized fridge. I spent quite a bit of time trying to rearrange all the beer, wine etc in the fridge in a way that nothing could fall out and break, trying to make room for our groceries. These are minor frustrations, but they are inconvenient for guests and make the difference between a good hotel and a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel with 282 suites and 26 brand new superior rooms.Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the pool facility featuring sleek furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, and a well equipped gym with cardiovascular and weight training equipment. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel